Geo Filter Device Limit

CaSpA

Yesterday I set up my Geo Filter and as I was adding my devices I noticed there is a limit of four. Luckily four is the exact amount I needed but I was wondering if that number could be expanded in the future. 

Additionally, are there any plans to allow Geo Filters per device? Say I have two PS5s and I want one to only connect to East coast servers while another allows any server in North America. I think this feature would be helpful in my case as I mainly play one game, yet another person plays a variety of online games and may not want such a small Geo fence. 

Lastly, is there a way to set Geo Filters by game? This could also solve the issue in my last question. Having a filter for Call of Duty with strict settings but more relaxed for Fortnite or APEX. 

Thanks! 

@CaSpA

1. There might be an expansion to it though who knows
  2. As for the geofilter per device you can already disable and enable by turning off geo latency which is just renamed though it just toggle off and on feature
  3. They did have profiles originally for games though it wasn't really a used feature as you can just make your own custom filters that are more accurate

• Administrators

I can certainly make a request to the time to see if we can increase the amount of devices that can be added. I suspect the reasoning for 4 being the limit is there wouldn't be many people Geo-Filtering more than 4 devices at a time and also the map could become very cluttered.

We have been thinking about multiple Geo-Filters for this purpose, if we do that it'll likely be a little ways off.

No not able to do that, I'll suggest it to the team

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can certainly make a request to the time to see if we can increase the amount of devices that can be added. I suspect the reasoning for 4 being the limit is there wouldn't be many people Geo-Filtering more than 4 devices at a time and also the map could become very cluttered.

We have been thinking about multiple Geo-Filters for this purpose, if we do that it'll likely be a little ways off.

No not able to do that, I'll suggest it to the team

Thanks, four works for me now. I have four people in the house and we all game together at the same time which is my reason for asking. I know most cases won’t be catering to so many consoles online at the same time. 

Am I doing this wrong. I select my pc and then select the game. It then works but when I change game I don’t see an option to use the original pc I selected and change just the game. Do I have to do the whole process again (choose pc, choose game)? 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TommyG said:

Am I doing this wrong. I select my pc and then select the game. It then works but when I change game I don’t see an option to use the original pc I selected and change just the game. Do I have to do the whole process again (choose pc, choose game)? 

No you're not doing it wrong, I have requested an easy way to change it though. You can't select the PC again as services could overlap which would cause a conflict, that's why it'd have to be deleted and re-added.

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No you're not doing it wrong, I have requested an easy way to change it though. You can't select the PC again as services could overlap which would cause a conflict, that's why it'd have to be deleted and re-added.

So each time I change game I just delete and then re-add the PC? Also whilst watching the low ping king set up video, he has a drop down menu on Geofilter tab where he can then customise ping assist. I don't have/can't find that menu. If I want to restrict people from outside my area joining my game, how do I do that other than setting the zone?

• Administrators

Yes that's right, we should be able to make it easier. Click the 3 dots top right of the router interface and go to settings, then you'll see the extra options.

As most games are server based you're connecting to the server not to other players and so you can't prevent other people connecting to the same server as you.