Ping Optimization has failed every time I’ve tried it

CaSpA

Just set up the R3 and everything has gone so smoothly, I love it already. However, every time I’ve tried to run the Ping Optimizer it fails after some time trying. Any suggestions on things to try and get this to complete? 

thanks! 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If it can't ping the server it may fail, if you try again a few times does it work at all?

I’ve tried it maybe 8 times and it has failed every time. I can test my ping without issue, but when I try the optimization it fails after maybe 30 seconds. 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

1. What connection settings are you using? PPPoE, IPv6, VLAN etc

I apologize for not knowing this but how do I tell which connection setting I have? 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, CaSpA said:

I apologize for not knowing this but how do I tell which connection setting I have? 

No worries, did you have to enter any information into the router to get an internet connection? If not don't worry about that part. If you're posting from a device connected to the R3 right now I can see that you do use IPv6

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No worries, did you have to enter any information into the router to get an internet connection? If not don't worry about that part. If you're posting from a device connected to the R3 right now I can see that you do use IPv6

I did not enter any information, just plugged it all in and I am posting from a connected device so my answers to the questions would be:

1. United States

2. IPv6

3. nothing else to add other than everything else seems to be working to my knowledge. 

thanks! 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Deasha said:

I managed to get it working by doing a resync to geofilter, ping heat map, device manager and adblocker. I then disabled add blocker. I think the culprit was add blocker 

Thank you for that, I've passed that onto the team to see if we can reproduce it.

5 hours ago, Deasha said:

I have noticed that the ping optimizer only test for 100% even if I have selected 70% manually in advance settings. Is this functioning correctly? 

Ping Optimizer will do a test and determine what it thinks is the best percentage for you to reduce your ping the most. 

You changing the percentage manually is you telling the router what to use rather than using the Ping Optimizer results.

Salve ,la migliore impostazione per la gestione congestion control ?simple opp exspert?Per entrambe le funzioni per trovare il set giusto utilizzando rilevatore di attimizzazione aut,bisogna spuntare olways per una corretto risultato oppure lasciare normalmente Auto ?se possibile un aiuto per il corretto funzionamento grazie !!

20231218_180733.jpg

• Administrators

È compito tuo sperimentare, entrambi daranno buoni risultati. Le opzioni che hai menzionato di seguito sono se desideri regolare manualmente il Controllo della congestione, mentre il test dell'ottimizzazione del ping lo farebbe automaticamente