XR1000 wiring Setup

Dear Netduma Support Team,

I recently purchased an Nighthawk XR1000 router. Unfortunately, I am encountering difficulties with the proper installation and am unsure if I have followed the correct steps.

Could you please provide assistance with setting up the XR1000 router? I have attempted to follow the instructions, but it seems there are issues that I cannot resolve on my own.

I put some pictures aswell. 

- The white cabel goes from the XR1000 to my pc. 

- The yellow one goes from the XR1000 to my modem (ethernet) 

- The grey ne goes from the XR1000 to my PS4

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

IMG_20231121_221453.jpg

IMG_20231121_221531.jpg

IMG_20231121_221511.jpg

with connections of your 3 cables looks to be correct. 
modem to Router are in the right ports. 

what speed is your internet if on you 1GB+ you may want to use Cat6+ cables. 

cat6 and cat6+ will give u what 1-10GB connection. i have been told any flat cable cannot be cat6+ and it make sense but never looked in to this. 

my cable in the walls are cat7 with cat8 connections on them and from the wall to any device are cat8 cables this is over kill as this gives me 40Gb connection on the 10m  run and 10Gb on any run bigger then 10m(i don't think any are over 10). also the router i believe is capped at 1gb. i just wont want to rip up the wall again. so kinda future proofing a bit. and i know in my area i can get 2GB internet connection now with city fibre. 
My setup with cables is
Modem > XR1000 to XR500(AP), and 2x ex770,
XR500(AP) to PS5, TV, Sonos,  
1x XR500 is to my Sons PS4, 
Even tho most of these devices show as offline they are really online and connected to one of the AP. just a shame they show offline here. but in the Phone APP and table view u can see the IP address and in network u can see devices working as normal. 

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.44.53.png

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Cabling is all fine, what is the issue you're having exactly? Have you accessed the interface and completed the Setup Wizard? You will need to do that to get internet

Thank for the fas reply. 

So now i managed to get everything setup via App and the dashboard. But somehow the GeoFilter etc. is not working right since i am trying to get to high ping servers to see if it works correctly with MW3 but my ping search always starts as usual by 15ms. Maybe i am missing the right setup on the console (wired connection) /Desktop itself.

I attached  some pictures to make my issue more clear. 

Regards

Unbenannt1.png

Unbenannt2.png

Unbenannt3.png

Unbenannt4.png

Unbenannt5.png

Unbenannt6.png

6 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Hi !
the geofilter is deactivated
check it on your game console and on the PC

Hello Sir,

what do you mean its deactivated ? How exactly can i check this ?

EDIT: I added the console now to the device on DUMAOS

Regards

1700667611776.jpg

1700667611780.jpg

7 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Depending on your location, not sure if you will succeed in finding very distant lobbies. Take the test again and tell us how you get on.

Im located in Europe (Germany). I did one test and the ping remains the same.

I will restart my XR1000 and then i will test if I can find servers far away and report back. 

Regards 

@Cemo99You can’t necessarily force yourself to servers that are outside of your region unless you use hybrid vpn which isn’t available on the XR1000 currently an alternative would be using a vpn to play in another region.

To clarify sometimes you can join far away servers though you’ll be waiting for a while to join and it isn’t worth waiting when it not guaranteed to join the server. That if your not using a vpn but if you are then it shouldn’t take long.

• Administrators

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better. As mentioned though if you're trying to force servers very far away it may not work.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Cemo99 said:

So i got it to work now thanks for the help.

Now iam wondering if it is normal that my PC is not showing the SSID (Netgear connection). On my PS4 it shows the SSID name etc.

Regards 

Unbenannt.png

It's connected via ethernet by the looks of it so it doesn't have anything to show for WiFi details