Need a big brain IT wiz!

Right guys,

I have some big brains working on this but i wanna know if there missing something. 

Its with regards to call of duty and my game not really sync with live. Image below is a visual to show.

SO with BT, EE, Ghostgaming (all use openreach) i get this issue. I assumed its openreach so went to Youfibre. Same issue. I changed all my devices, new ethernet cables, routers, ont.. everything. Still bad. Ive tried wiring straight into ont with nothing else connected. Same with router. Still bad. 

I then connected to my 4g router. Game is perfect, bullets hit perfect. I then take my gaming PC to my mums, again perfect on her fibre connection.

Diff between me and my mum, where on diff exchanges.

What i keep telling my ISP is that somewhere the lines must be connected to have the same issue on both and that it must be something in wakefield exchange. I dont understand enough about internet but it must come from somewhere and split to Openreach and Youfibre. Where this happens or before im saying is where the problem lies. They keep telling me im the only one complaining, but i play competitively so i notice it. No one else in wakefield does, so they wont notice etc? 

So my question is, could this be in the exchange and how does it work in splitting the internet. What device is it thats the issue. 

20231120_163211.jpg

• Administrators

Big brain checking in! From what you've said there could be a number of scenarios that I could see:

1. It could be the exchange potentially, I have two internet connections, one is fibre optic the other is openreach, they both go to the same exchange and I get a lower ping on fibre (as expected) so despite the difference in the connections they do end up in the same place generally. Realistically if this is the case, they are very unlikely to do something just because you have a bit of desync on a game. If the ping/stability of your line meets their minimum requirements then it'll be hard to get them to do anything about it.
  2. I don't know where your Mum is located but if she is in a less populated area and it works great then #1 could be the possibility here.
  3. The 4G connection, two things on this, one it could be that as you're just using the device to game you're not experiencing any local congestion which could be the same for #2 as well. Otherwise, the inherent instability of 4G and the generally higher ping could have you benefiting from lag compensation.
  4. Another possibility, depending on when you played could be peak time congestion and you may have a better experience playing during non peak times.
  5. The only other thing which I've mentioned already which could be it is you're experiencing local congestion i.e. many devices in your home using the internet at once causing your game to be in the network queue. In which case experimenting with QoS to find what works best for you may resolve it.

Love bullet points makes it so much easier to chat haha

1) I think my ISP is actually invested and really interested to find the fix. I have the CEO involved acrively. 

2) Yeah that would be weird if you knew where my mum lived haha. She actually lives in a more populated area

3) I have tried the wired isp connection direct to ont and also to router with nothing else connected in my home at all. Wired or wireless.

4) Both played at the same time

5) Again, tried it without anything connected and also tried it with QoS on and QoS off and restricting internet to my PC to like 1mbps. 

Just done a quick 4g vs isp video that i have attached just to clarify things 👊

Thanks again! 

• Administrators

Killcams aren't always an accurate representation of what happened but rather what the server sees but I see your point. It's either the exchange or lag compensation working against you, if you use the Geo-Filter to force further away servers with a higher ping does your experience change?

So its not a killcam glitch because there is 5 of us in squad. When 1 is alive and 4 dead, all 3 of my team mates see the exact same kill cam as the live player. But mine is different if that makes sense. Mine is the only one that is different. 

I also know because I play competitively, I can feel the difference. 

Ive tried yeah mate, ive done all that, ive tried a VPN, ive tried geofiltering to America, Italy, France, Germany etc etc 

Ive been through every single post on here and changed absolutely everything, ive actively been working on this for over 2 years now so I have tried EVERYTHING physically possible that i can, ive changed all wires, routers, ethernet ports, PC etc etc.

Ive tried it on fibre at a friends its perfect. Ive done EVERYTHING haha