MW3 hit detection is HORRIBLE

Reykc9510

Soon as I switched over to MW3 everything has went to poopy, I wanna throw my controller at the TV. I have gotten the drop numerous times an I still die, the hit detection is horrible.  Here are my settings if anyone can please help me I would appreciate.  I'm an average player with a 1.56 kd in MW2, this game I'm HORRIBLE  I can't figure out why. Please help

20231116_213218.jpg

20231116_213210.jpg

20231116_213059.jpg

20231116_213053.jpg

20231116_213029.jpg

• Administrators

Congestion Control at 70% is a starting point and may not work for everyone so would be worth experimenting with the values to see if you find ones that work better for you.

I'd suggest setting Ping Assist to 0 also. What is your average ping on the Geo-Filter and in game?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Congestion Control at 70% is a starting point and may not work for everyone so would be worth experimenting with the values to see if you find ones that work better for you.

I'd suggest setting Ping Assist to 0 also. What is your average ping on the Geo-Filter and in game?

Average ping in game 25-42 ping, I try an only play games with ping 39 an lower. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is where I set it at now, also my current version of xr1000. It says not updates available. 

17002389901099059794103466430916.jpg

• Administrators

You could increase it or decrease it, no two connections are the same so it might work better lower for example. Best to make a change then play, make a change, play etc. 

That's a good ping so shouldn't be any issues there, does it fluctuate a lot? Some people have success forcing servers with a slightly higher ping.

There is one update available here: https://kb.netgear.com/000065541/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-68

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You could increase it or decrease it, no two connections are the same so it might work better lower for example. Best to make a change then play, make a change, play etc. 

That's a good ping so shouldn't be any issues there, does it fluctuate a lot? Some people have success forcing servers with a slightly higher ping.

There is one update available here: https://kb.netgear.com/000065541/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-68

Ping goes from 21 to 40+ it definitely fluctuates it's what's going on right now how do I install the update cuz I tried on my computer my laptop but it's not letting me do it and I tried on the app to the to the router and it's not letting me do it

Just now, Reykc9510 said:

Ping goes from 21 to 40+ it definitely fluctuates it's what's going on right now how do I install the update cuz I tried on my computer my laptop but it's not letting me do it and I tried on the app to the to the router and it's not letting me do it. So don't use ping assist?

17002423782078650115549195009754.jpg

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Reykc9510 said:

Ping goes from 21 to 40+ it definitely fluctuates it's what's going on right now how do I install the update cuz I tried on my computer my laptop but it's not letting me do it and I tried on the app to the to the router and it's not letting me do it

Could be the server or local congestion, using Ping Heatmap to find the lowest ping servers and make sure you're covering those and continue experimenting with Congestion Control.

You go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Upload and upload the .img file

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could be the server or local congestion, using Ping Heatmap to find the lowest ping servers and make sure you're covering those and continue experimenting with Congestion Control.

Where do I get the img file from? I'm not real savvy with computers and Tech stuff.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Maybe I'm not using the router features correctly.. I just had my search radius at 1500.. I have seen the heat map bit how do I connect to anything using the heat map? I just been using the geo filter... hence I never had an issue like this with MW2..

• Administrators

Sorry not .img it's .chk, you get it from the zip file from the link above.

Ping Heatmap just pings servers, you use that to inform your Geo-Filter settings. If on Heatmap your lowest ping server is LA then on the Geo-Filter make sure to cover LA for example

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry not .img it's .chk, you get it from the zip file from the link above.

Ping Heatmap just pings servers, you use that to inform your Geo-Filter settings. If on Heatmap your lowest ping server is LA then on the Geo-Filter make sure to cover LA for example

So when I downloaded the updated, will it automatically appear in the firmware upload section? an ok I understand the use of the heat map now. 

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Reykc9510 said:

Got it done thanks, why did you suggest put the ping assist to 0?

It can get you servers outside your radius that are also slightly higher than the ping you set. Also if you want to force specific servers it has to be at 0

On 11/17/2023 at 12:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

set 500kbps for down and up, be happy