2 x PS5 on same network

jwalsh82

Hi all, 

I have a Netduma R2 on it's way which I am excited for.

I have been watching some of the official YouTube videos, namely how to set QOS and the Geo Filter.

I am pretty basic with network stuff, I know how to port forward, set DMZ e t.c although I don't know exactly what it all means haha.

From my understanding I set my current ISP router (Sky Fibre, UK) to be in DMZ on the Netduma, and then have every single household device connect through the Netduma is that correct?

My questions is 2 x PS5 in the house, my Son and I play MW3 together, how simple is it to set up 2 consoles to both be geo filtered?

Thanks for any help.

It's really simple. Once the two PS5's connect to the R2, you should see them show up in the device manager of the R2. They both may be titled "Playstation", you can then change the names of the PS5's there to know which is which. As this will be easier to understand which one is being added to the Geo-Filter, as it's as simple as clicking ADD and choosing the Playstation to the Geo-Filter.

Once you have your R2, you will see how easy it is to ADD any device/console to the Geo-Filter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Just got this setup finally and working great.

I have a question if you can help though about Sky Wifi Booster, we use it in our house as upstairs there isn't much range, and the R2 wifi range on the R2 doesn't seem too great.

It seems we cannot use the wifi booster as the R2 has no wps button, so for now we are having to keep our other devices connected to our standard wiif and just the gaming devices on the R2.

Unless someone has an answer, it seems we won't be able to get the best out of this router.