Issues with r2 not saving on powercycle or updating firmware

Aylinka

Hi all,

Hope you are well. I bought a Netduma R2 and noticed some issues listed below:

1- Upon powercycle (unplugging power cable) it always goes to the wizard to setting up the R2

2- Disabling wifi is not working (saved it in console and reboot via software without success)

3- Updating to 3.3 version isn't working (waiting for 30min and after powercycle as 1 goes to the wizard and the version after wizard is the old one)

-- > When trying to update from 3.2.453 to 3.3.280 it will do a factory reset after failed attempt and unplug of the cable. The version will stay at 3.2.453 unfortunately.

Question 🙋🏻‍♀️ : Is this potentially because the ram (storage memory) is bricked? Saying this becuase it isn't saving/storing anything in the device?

The attached image is after updating and waiting for +20min. After refresh it says "DumaOs not loaded yet". If i know unplug and plug in it will perform a factory reset.

I did read the forum whole day and see various issues and might have not found the thread with the same issue as above. So apologies upfront.

Thank you for your understanding and help on this matter.

20231029_154639.jpg

20231029_155306.jpg

@AylinkaIf your using Firefox as I can see somewhat you can use the link below which explains the instructions https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/https-only-prefs the reason for this is that it just how the UI was designed and so it has some issues with certain stuff enabled so forth like saving cache on a browser and forcing HTTPS when it not necessary on a network that your accessing. I am not part of the netduma team am just hear to assist

• Administrators

Make your settings changes, then reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes then access. Then when you unplug it (shouldn't need to) it should keep your settings without loading the Setup Wizard.

Are you trying to upgrade over WiFi or ethernet?

• Administrators

No ethernet is the best way, reboot from the interface then try to access as fast as possible and upgrade immediately and see if that takes.

How are you disabling WiFi exactly? Are you just disabling Mirror Mode?

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Aylinka said:

Will try that and report back. Yes, i disable the wifi via the mirror mode + save button.

Keep us posted, you'll want to toggle Enable 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi, if you've toggled it to off all the options below should grey out, then save, then reboot from the interface and it should have saved.

I did an update as soon as i am in the console and this happened again: "the CGI script took too long to produce a response" after clicking on the arrows next to the x icon i see the message "the system is in the final stage of upgrading" (second screenshot). After revisiting the 192 adres i get "DumaOs not loaded" (screenshot 3) looking at the router it seems like an early christmas as they do blink (screenshot 4).

Any suggestion? Or should i just stay with 3.2.453?

Before all of this i did disable the wifi per tab and rebooten. Result: starting all over with the setup.

My conclusion is that this device is bricked. 😅It just doesn't save anything while the console says it did.

Final note .. It is so weird to do all these things that are out of the ordinary. This should not be the case. I am tired of 2 whole days trying stuff without any result.

20231029_224638.jpg

20231029_225309.jpg

20231029_225542.jpg

20231029_225553.jpg

• Administrators

We'll push through an upgrade for you, that should resolve it. In WAN Settings enable remote support, then go to the System Information page and copy the WAN IP and enter that into your ISP modem/router DMZ (if applicable), then post back here with a device connected to the router and we'll push through an upgrade. Don't unplug it at all until we've got that sorted.

Update on my end (as i did not receive any update from Netduma support)

When i checked DumaOs just now, i noticed that i had to run another wizard from scratch. Did remote update fail? if not, then it is weird that i had to perform a full wizard again today.

would appreciate an update. Thanks.