Xr1000 vs Netduma r2

fae7787

Ciao a tutti , sono un possessore felice di xr1000 ma vorrei provare anche il netduma r2 , e vorrei chiarimenti :

1) cosa andrei a perdere se passo da un xr100 a un r2?

2) cosa andrei a guadagnare se passo ad un r2 ?

3) la garanzia sull r2 è di due anni ?

4) è prevista la release di un r3 ?

grazie mille 

@fae7787

1. You would lose the range of wifi + plus hardware capabilities such as amount of devices being able to be connected to the network though for most users that isn't an issue
  2. You would in theory gain the latest updates which sometimes other routers supported don't get for a while
  3. Warranty is a year https://netduma.com/terms/
  4. I am sure it is though not anytime soon maybe 2025 or 2026 would be my guess since docsis 4.0 isn't out there just yet there realistically isn't any need for it till then though it should be way superior than the R2 in hardware and be better though out on paper since it gives them time to add better software before porting it to the R3 and innovating upon the better hardware

I am not affiliated this is just my own thoughts and experience with the products

51 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@fae7787

1. You would lose the range of wifi + plus hardware capabilities such as amount of devices being able to be connected to the network though for most users that isn't an issue
  2. You would in theory gain the latest updates which sometimes other routers supported don't get for a while
  3. Warranty is a year https://netduma.com/terms/
  4. I am sure it is though not anytime soon maybe 2025 or 2026 would be my guess since docsis 4.0 isn't out there just yet there realistically isn't any need for it till then though it should be way superior than the R2 in hardware and be better though out on paper since it gives them time to add better software before porting it to the R3 and innovating upon the better hardware

I am not affiliated this is just my own thoughts and experience with the products

Thank you so much for your opinion......how many devices i can connect on r2?

@fae7787I believe it about 20-25 or so concurrently by that I mean they have to be active all at the same time which is rare though if you have a big household then it a different story so that why I say it rare for most users to care about it unless they live on a household with a lot of users.

To note you can keep your XR1000 and running it as AP and have the R2 be the main to take advantage of software features but your not taking advantage of the hardware of the XR1000 which is the downside just the range of the wifi + speeds are kept intact

Another thing I forgot to note is that the R2 is limited on Wifi to 250-300mbs though hardwired it no different than the XR1000

@fae7787You can use anything really as long as it has the capabilities of becoming an access point it all good though you'll need to have them hardwired preferably if not it pretty much pointless since you'll never get the full speeds. It more intricate and you'll need professional installment or take your sweet time hard-wiring and installing everything yourself since if it a household you'll need to be able to have proper poe network lines.

In short it not cheap procedure and is a bit more complicated if you want them to be around a big house