My XR1000 issues seems resolved for me after using the nmrpflash tool and flashing the firmware.

Do you have npcap installed ? https://npcap.com/#download Also a few things you should do here... Leave your network settings in windows automatic/dont assign a manual ip or dns. Run the ipconfig/all command and identify the ip assigned to your system. This should stay the same as the one you manually assigned. (192.168.1.10) If not use the address automatically assigned to you. I would still manually specify the address of the router (-a), and address of your computer (-A) when attempting another upload. Keep your computer's ip the same as the one that is automatically assigned. If still no success you can change the timeout for NMRP packets by including -t 180000 in the command. You can increase the milliseconds as you see fit, that is just 3 minutes vs the default 60 seconds... Hopefully that works if not let me know.

@AZXMy guy I've followed all procedures just to always come to a dead end I had Ncap installed if you saw the files in the footage I've tried everything disabling firewall so forth same bs. TFTP on mac responds however it timeouts so there not much to it and then nprmflash on mac is a headache were you have to download another software and code it into the terminal in order for it to work and that also came to a dead end.

Might be the fact that the router was bricked by the individual that sold it to me heck if i know am not the clown who engineered the router by not even having a guide I contacted netgear and no response after showing them proof so I am having an awesome time that been wasted and what funny is that the product had warranty till just a few months ago and I didn't know that till I looked the up the serial number irony  😂

On 11/9/2023 at 2:17 PM, DARKNESS said:

@AZXMy guy I've followed all procedures just to always come to a dead end I had Ncap installed if you saw the files in the footage I've tried everything disabling firewall so forth same bs. TFTP on mac responds however it timeouts so there not much to it and then nprmflash on mac is a headache were you have to download another software and code it into the terminal in order for it to work and that also came to a dead end.

Might be the fact that the router was bricked by the individual that sold it to me heck if i know am not the clown who engineered the router by not even having a guide I contacted netgear and no response after showing them proof so I am having an awesome time that been wasted and what funny is that the product had warranty till just a few months ago and I didn't know that till I looked the up the serial number irony  😂

If your still troubleshooting send me a screenshot of ipconfig/all for you windows vm. Redact your MAC addresses and other sensitive info before you do though. Your windows vm isn't showing a network connection so make sure you do that with your router fully on so (for the ipconfig command not the tftp upload). Also this might be a stupid question but you are connected via ethernet from your mac to port 1 on the xr1000 with nothing else connected to the router right?

@AZXHere the footage I think the vm might not be registering the IP which is indeed weird from the gateway I put it in dhcp automatic to see what i'd get and clearly am not getting the gateway 192.168.1.1 and yes I am using ethernet that the only way you can get internet under the vm to my knowledge though the network works fine though If I were to try and access to 192.168.1.1 there no response on browser

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 8.37.38 AM.png

@AZXFor me personally it the same I just wanted to test a fresh boot install to see if there were any underlying bugs that was having probable cause for certain issues but that doesn't seem to be the case...there just software bugs that require actual fixing that why I primarily have the XR1000 as AP since it not as optimal do to the software being broken. Core functions work though they fail some times or just randomly stop functioning for no reason so yeah that sounds super stable 😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 9:32 AM, Miiiithraaks said:

Hi all, long time lurker. Ive had an XR500 since launch and an XR1000 since launch. Ive been using the XR1000 exclusively since I got it.  Ive had most of the frustrating and annoying issues people describe here in the forum. Ive lurked and tried a lot of the suggestions given. Actually, I think I did find this particular one on this forum too but Im not sure which post it was.

Ive had quite a few of the issues reported. Devices not connecting\losing connection requiring a router reboot to work again. Rebooting the device and router at least daily which escalated to more reboots needed over time. Finally after rebooting there was a 50% chance the router would reset itself and Id need to factory reset it. This became a daily event. Often multilple times a day in the end. 

Id get the hasrl CGI errors\inaccessable web GUI and the routers WIFI would work but not work (hard to describe this one) and need to factory reset. Im sure Im missing some other quirky issue here also. Anyways, nothing seemed to help. Resets and re-configs didnt help. Doing the dhcp in the .50s and using IP reservations didnt do anything. I think port forwarding made things worse haha.  I finally tried to use TFTP to re-load the firmware. Now this is a troubleshooting method Netgear gives. They even mention its to help with DHCP issues. But the instructions on the Netgear site simply do not work. There is a very short window to get the command in which feels impossible with my feeble human fingers. Ended up finding a post here believe mentioning using nmrpflash instead and using that to flash the router firmware. 

This may not be simple for non-technical individuals as skillsets do vary. Once everything is connected, it worked without issue. It did take a me few moments to get the connection working I will admit but that might be just me. So, again, I do heed caution if you are unfamiliar with some of this stuff as you could potentially brick something. Chances of that are provably low but you never know so Ill throw out a precaution. I got the software from a Github but Im not sure if its ok to post links here. 

I went ahead and used nmrpflash per the ReadMe instuctions on the Github. I used the most recent Xr1000 firmware, 1.0.0.68_1.0.54. So far, its been just over a month and Ive rebooted once about a week ago. This was due to a setting change I made. Ive configured it and I havent had a device lose connection and need a router reboot yet. Even the notorious old TV and old samsung tablet I have that lost connection every single day.  Its crazy to me. So far so good anyway...  I hope my little anecdotal experience maybe helps someone else out there because I do love this router but it also can be a really frustrating little piece of technology when it wants to be. 

Maybe I missed it but did you factory reset after you were done? Thanks.

No, I don't think it's necessary to perform an additional factory reset after as this procedure is basically factory resetting already. I believe running through the procedure this way just bypasses the boot process. Which does seem to have helped clear up some issues for myself. 

On 11/20/2023 at 1:40 PM, Miiiithraaks said:

No, I don't think it's necessary to perform an additional factory reset after as this procedure is basically factory resetting already. I believe running through the procedure this way just bypasses the boot process. Which does seem to have helped clear up some issues for myself. 

Would it be ok to pm  you about more advice pertaining to this? Worked splendid with my XR500 but now I have a XR1000 v1 that's giving me issues. I'd rather not clutter up the thread.

On 11/20/2023 at 1:40 PM, Miiiithraaks said:

Might need help doing this with mine too!