NEW XR450 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you factory reset since the upgrade? It's quite a big jump

Was trying to avoid it so I don't have to rename 20 light bulbs and other various devices, but I guess thats next step. 

After a factory reset the router is extremely slow loading anything in the OS now. It takes 2-3 minutes just to name a device. 

After struggling for around 1 hour my router magically is acting normal again. Is there some background stuff it does after it's formatted or what? 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Heroxoot said:

After a factory reset the router is extremely slow loading anything in the OS now. It takes 2-3 minutes just to name a device. 

After struggling for around 1 hour my router magically is acting normal again. Is there some background stuff it does after it's formatted or what? 

Glad to hear it's working now, nothing different than it would be doing normally

On 11/19/2023 at 1:27 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear it's working now, nothing different than it would be doing normally

Spoke too soon. It's constantly not allowing my smart bulbs to connect. It's having CONSTANT DHCP issues. Multiple devices can't get a connection without a static IP. I'll be downgrading my firmware tomorrow when I return home. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Heroxoot said:

Spoke too soon. It's constantly not allowing my smart bulbs to connect. It's having CONSTANT DHCP issues. Multiple devices can't get a connection without a static IP. I'll be downgrading my firmware tomorrow when I return home. 

Disable Smart Connect and connect them to 2.4GHz, a lot of smart devices do not get on well with the automatic band switching used when Smart Connect is enabled.

You would still get that disconnect issue if it's DHCP on the previous firmware, the workaround is the only solution unfortunately. 

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable Smart Connect and connect them to 2.4GHz, a lot of smart devices do not get on well with the automatic band switching used when Smart Connect is enabled.

You would still get that disconnect issue if it's DHCP on the previous firmware, the workaround is the only solution unfortunately. 

Smart connect was never on. And Channel was set to 11 instead of Auto. These problems did not exist previously. Something changed. 

Edit: The OS will also randomly just, die. Nothing loads. Wifi signals will just stop completely. Idk what changed but for me it's not good at all. 

Okay so, this is all the problems on my XR450 with this firmware

• DHCP issues causing devices to be unable to obtain an IP address. (This was a little of an issue previously but only for cellphones)
  • Extremely sluggish OS (Instantly fixed by downgrading)
  • Wifi signal disappears until reboot
  • Many devices no longer self identified in device manager
  • OS crash (Must reboot)
  • Factory resetting the router causes it to get stuck on "DumaOS not loaded" Until rebooting it after.
  • DHCP requiring release/renew constantly.

I'm concerned I need a new router if no one else is complaining, and yet all my issues are vanished or minimal once I downgrade back to 2.3.2.134 and a few reboots. I know it's a beta but that's extremely broken. I think I'll be staying away from DumaOS for my next router. It's not worth the issues this router has had over multiple firmware over the past 4? years. I remember back on one of the early firmware my router couldn't be connected to properly on wifi half the time, or everything on wifi was slow. The last time this router had a beta it fixed EVERYTHING, so I'm a bit disappointed. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Heroxoot said:

Okay so, this is all the problems on my XR450 with this firmware

• DHCP issues causing devices to be unable to obtain an IP address. (This was a little of an issue previously but only for cellphones)
  • Extremely sluggish OS (Instantly fixed by downgrading)
  • Wifi signal disappears until reboot
  • Many devices no longer self identified in device manager
  • OS crash (Must reboot)
  • Factory resetting the router causes it to get stuck on "DumaOS not loaded" Until rebooting it after.
  • DHCP requiring release/renew constantly.

I'm concerned I need a new router if no one else is complaining, and yet all my issues are vanished or minimal once I downgrade back to 2.3.2.134 and a few reboots. I know it's a beta but that's extremely broken. I think I'll be staying away from DumaOS for my next router. It's not worth the issues this router has had over multiple firmware over the past 4? years. I remember back on one of the early firmware my router couldn't be connected to properly on wifi half the time, or everything on wifi was slow. The last time this router had a beta it fixed EVERYTHING, so I'm a bit disappointed. 

Are you definitely on RC14 and not the intermediary firmware as you're getting a lot of issues I wouldn't expect, especially with areas we haven't touched at all

On 11/25/2023 at 1:26 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you definitely on RC14 and not the intermediary firmware as you're getting a lot of issues I wouldn't expect, especially with areas we haven't touched at all

I installed the first file and then the second firmware file listed. The beta firmware showed as the old firmware with an extra ending in the string and the router thought it was a downgrade from the intermediate firmware. It's been rock solid since I went back to the old firmware. I think I'll stay here till Netduma figures their stuff out. 

• Administrators
On 11/27/2023 at 1:16 AM, Heroxoot said:

I installed the first file and then the second firmware file listed. The beta firmware showed as the old firmware with an extra ending in the string and the router thought it was a downgrade from the intermediate firmware. It's been rock solid since I went back to the old firmware. I think I'll stay here till Netduma figures their stuff out. 

Okay you did do it correctly, that's fair enough, it is a beta after all so there can be issues. Keep an eye out on the forum for another firmware at a later date.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MercsRage said:

Does anybody here know what's the new stuff on this update did they add stuff or fix bugs

Mostly the mobile view where you can see priority boost etc but other than that bugs and generally bringing it up to speed