PS5 suddenly does not have internet access anymore

sYlnce

Hey there,

unfortunately I have a problem with the R2 again. My Problem is, that since yesterday, my PS5 does not have an internet connection anymore. It connects to the R2 via Lan or Wlan, but it always says "internet connection not possible".

So what happened was, yesterday night while streaming, my Telekom Speedport Smart 4 DSL Router/Modem suddenly lost connection to the internet, and had an orange blinking light. The error it had was "Cable error (e1)". I tried to turn it off and on several times, disconnect all the cables and reconnect them, I already assumed it was a problem from Telekom and not from the router. What worked in the end was factory resetting it, after that it worked again.

My R2 is the only device connected to the Speedport, everything else is connected to the R2. For half a year, I had no issues at all. Since the incidence yesterday night, I also factory resetted the R2 because I couldn't get an internet connection with it. Now my Phone, and my PC are connected to the R2 and have internet access, but for whatever reason my PS5 doesn't.

Quick help would be appreciated. Thanks

Unfortunately I had to switch my Setup and connect everything to the Speedport for now, because I have to have a reliable network for what I do, so for now I can't tell if that was the issue. If I find the time the next couple of days to try it again I'll get back to you.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, madZEED said:

I had similar problem last night. After got connection had problem with party on PS5, only 1 from 5 friends I can hear. After restart R2 few times all works fine, except wifi, my ping is horrible when play on wifi.

WiFi won't be the best way to play but try these suggestions, they may help make it more stable.

• Disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, I ordered Asus Rog Rapture router to use as my primary router. I will use Netduma only for my PS5 connected to gaming port on Asus. Last few days I had lot of problems with Netduma. First, my PS5 just disconnect and won't connect to router. After that I can't join to party, and all is ok. Then, my second router shows no connection despite wired connection. Last issue with NetDuma no connection on wan (bridge mode to my ISP modem). After I tryed everything found here without success, so disconnected Netduma and ordered new router. I hope with firmware update, wan connection will back to normal, so I can use NetDuma as second, gaming dedicated، router.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, madZEED said:

Unfortunately, I ordered Asus Rog Rapture router to use as my primary router. I will use Netduma only for my PS5 connected to gaming port on Asus. Last few days I had lot of problems with Netduma. First, my PS5 just disconnect and won't connect to router. After that I can't join to party, and all is ok. Then, my second router shows no connection despite wired connection. Last issue with NetDuma no connection on wan (bridge mode to my ISP modem). After I tryed everything found here without success, so disconnected Netduma and ordered new router. I hope with firmware update, wan connection will back to normal, so I can use NetDuma as second, gaming dedicated، router.

Are you experiencing this on the Early Access firmware?

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you experiencing this on the Early Access firmware?

No, on regular fw. I will try Early Access firmware or flash current again as last step, because now it's impossible to setup internet connection between NetDuma and ISP modem or my old AX82U ruter. Message always show: WAN: disconnected.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, madZEED said:

No, on regular fw. I will try Early Access firmware or flash current again as last step, because now it's impossible to setup internet connection between NetDuma and ISP modem or my old AX82U ruter. Message always show: WAN: disconnected.

Yeah give that a go. You may need to reboot the Asus, wait 2 minutes then reboot the R2, wait 4 minutes to get internet