AM I BEING Ddos ATTACKED ??? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME AND HOW CAN I PREVENT IT ??

CHEATZ

IVE been seeing this more and more on my netduma logs and im not being booted but sometimes i see small lags spikes.

can someone tell me if this is an attck or a glitch ? and also how can i prevent it from happening if it is...

image.png.10fcc44d0534058ff92fa70c2c650162.png

Its highly unlikely that is an actual attack..  The Ip is actually Facebook and is coming from the Chicago data center..  If you have Facebook or someone in your family does thats likely what is triggering it..  I call these type of attacks false positives.. The downfall from this though is Netgear tagging it as such.. Which can cause the site not to perform properly.. 

Netgear actually even calls my ISP DNS servers an attack at times.. Not to mention other sites like MS..  My router will be fine for days.. Then out of nowhere the Netgear router will all of a sudden start popping these up.. If you start to notice more and more of these and you start to notice a performance issue do a reboot and see if that helps.. 

Thats the only work around that I can come up with at this time.. Which isnt the best solution.. Because over time they do seem to comeback..

Thanks.

Zippy.

• Administrators

Exactly as above, couldn't have said it better! It just shows sites you have come in contact with but shouldn't cause you any issues overall, you'll probably still get it on the original firmware, it's a NG thing that happens on all their routers, not just the DumaOS supported routers.