World of Warcraft

When I log on to a character or in random dungeons or raids, I'm not seeing any servers on geofilter. I've also gone so far as to label my PC as an Xbox in devices and still no servers show up. On 3.3 beta with Geo set up in ping assist mode (small circle in the middle of the ocean). 

So I don't know if this helps. I'm currently using it as laptop in device manager.  When I select World of Warcraft in the list it tells me not to filter (which I don't anyway). This is what I get when in-game. Obviously I don't play in a windowed box like that but you get the idea. If there's anything else I can do to help out I'd be more than happy to.

Game Added.jpg

Games List.jpg

In Game.jpg

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

So I don't know if this helps. I'm currently using it as laptop in device manager.  When I select World of Warcraft in the list it tells me not to filter (which I don't anyway). This is what I get when in-game. Obviously I don't play in a windowed box like that but you get the idea. If there's anything else I can do to help out I'd be more than happy to.

How does WoW work, a server browser of sorts or is it matchmaking? Looks like you're in a game there so that icon on the map is a dedicated server most likely rather than for authentication. If the above screenshot is correct then it doesn't look like there are many servers and so you may need to make the radius much bigger when you're trying to filter/work out where those specific servers are located.

Well I don't really geofilter, I use ping assist mode so whatever server is ~30ms should auto connect wherever that server is located. I assume servers would be dedicated, I know Microsoft bought blizzard a little while ago so not really sure if world of warcraft is played on the Microsoft network now or still just using their original ones.

• Administrators
On 8/30/2023 at 12:25 AM, XR700 Owner said:

Well I don't really geofilter, I use ping assist mode so whatever server is ~30ms should auto connect wherever that server is located. I assume servers would be dedicated, I know Microsoft bought blizzard a little while ago so not really sure if world of warcraft is played on the Microsoft network now or still just using their original ones.

If you're not using it then looks like the console service shows you the servers now, if you are using Ping Assist then you'll need to enable the filter of course otherwise you will get servers above that are over that. What ping do you usually get to the game? If you do usually get games under 30 then it should work when enabled.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're not using it then looks like the console service shows you the servers now, if you are using Ping Assist then you'll need to enable the filter of course otherwise you will get servers above that are over that. What ping do you usually get to the game? If you do usually get games under 30 then it should work when enabled. 

So when in ping assist mode with my home location in the middle of the ocean with the radius as small as possible, I'm supposed to enable filtering? I thought it was supposed to be turned off. I usually get ~30ms in other games but in WOW I get 50ms or more. Also when choosing wow in geofilter when I add my laptop it tells me filtering isn't recommended. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Otherwise you can use the server addresses given by @Kingzzy and ping with the Windows command prompt or the XR to see which one is closest to you

You can then either adjust the ping assist of the geofilter, or block access to other servers!

2 hours ago, XR700 Owner said:

So when in ping assist mode with my home location in the middle of the ocean with the radius as small as possible, I'm supposed to enable filtering? I thought it was supposed to be turned off. I usually get ~30ms in other games but in WOW I get 50ms or more. Also when choosing wow in geofilter when I add my laptop it tells me filtering isn't recommended. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

the location of the servers are different for each game, do as @fuzy tells you to launch a tracert under windows identify the one that suits you and block the others with your windows firewall. Logically it should work.