Matchmaking issue with Geo-filter

I set a static IP for my PC in LAN settings and added it as PlayStation to use it for Geo-filter. But whenever I start matchmaking it freezes and I had to close my game all together. When I take my PC off of the geo-filter then matchmaking works as it’s supposed to. I have a feeling it’s IP related but not sure. Any help is appreciated as I’d like to use the Geo-filter feature. 

• Administrators

What game are you trying to play? You don't need the static IP so remove that then do this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What game are you trying to play? You don't need the static IP so remove that then do this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.

Hi. It worked and didn’t freeze but I don’t see anything popping up on the map which defeats the whole purpose of having this router. How can I fix it?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should do if you followed all those steps, can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page please when this happens? Make sure you're completely zoomed out. What game are you playing?

efootball 2023

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should do if you followed all those steps, can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page please when this happens? Make sure you're completely zoomed out. What game are you playing?

eFootball 2023.  Literally nothing shows up on the map. 

IMG_7105.jpeg

IMG_7106.jpeg

IMG_7107.jpeg

29 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@KyleIt only going to show up if your on a match or boot game and some servers should appear temporarily 

Thanks. I’m talking about during the matchmaking or in a match and booting the game. Nothing shows up on the map. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check the IP on the device itself then check that against the IP on the Device Manager of the device you think it is, do they match?

Just checked. Same IP addresses. It just doesn’t work

13 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@KyleI think it be a lot easier if you can send a short clip of both you booting to the game and looking at the geo map side by side and one once your in a match

Sure I can do that

@KyleI was able to get a ping on mobile phone though only when on a game so I do believe it only when your in the game you'll get a ping on the map it doesn't work for general browsing as that would inherently affect your performance so there can be a possibility of some games not working

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have your device in the DMZ by any chance or have you made a Traffic Controller rule for it?

It’s not in the DMZ and no Traffic Controller. 

Just so you know, I used to see things popping up on the map but not recently. Just a week ago when I first set it up,I turned the game on and when I started the matchmaking I saw servers pop on the map briefly and then they disappeared. That was the last time I saw the servers on the map. 

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't think anything has changed on our end, if you check eFootball on Ping Heatmap do you see the servers appearing there?

Yes I do

• Administrators

I haven't played eFootball so not sure what it's like in game but can you see the ping at all? If so is it what you would expect if the Geo-Filter was keeping it to that radius? Basically want to know if it is working in the background but just not showing anything or not doing anything at all.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I haven't played eFootball so not sure what it's like in game but can you see the ping at all? If so is it what you would expect if the Geo-Filter was keeping it to that radius? Basically want to know if it is working in the background but just not showing anything or not doing anything at all.

You can’t see the ping in the game. The quality of the connections are represented by the bars going from 1 to 5. 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. But it’s very inconsistent that bars don’t mean anything anymore after their last patch. It’s like they opened up everything so we can find games easier but what started to happen is I began to connect to the servers in Zurich etc. in Europe and I’m in CA, USA. Thought this router would help with that but whatever the reason is I don’t see anything on the map. Nothing pops up. Booting up the game, going through the menus thinking it might trigger something, during matchmaking or during game don’t make any difference. Even though the IP addresses are the same on my PC and the device manager, filtered-unfiltered, it’s like it’s not even seeing my PC to show the traffic. I am really out of ideas because I’ve been dealing with this for months now. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you're playing in the game have a look at the Network Monitor on the router, is it showing the PC using any traffic at all?

Yes it is

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's very strange, does it work if you try another game?

Unfortunately eFootball is my main game so haven’t tried this with other games. Yet

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Unfortunately eFootball is my main game so haven’t tried this with other games. Yet

If you could try that would be really helpful, would indicate if it's just an issue with this game, in which case it could be a bad cloud update for example