Security stability in 3.3.363 firmware?

I have sat on the fence for more than a year waiting on something a bit more solid security wise in the xr500 firmware. I understand this is a collaboration between netgear and Netduma. 

how much of an improvement is there from the older beta firmware to this current version? 

is it up to par with netgear current official stable firmware for the xr500?

if not I will continue to sit on the fence thanks in advance.

I have read comments in the past saying beta security patches compared to netgears official releases are not as good. So of we are worried about security we should just stick with netgears official firmware until the beta makes it to the official release 

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, crunkjuice1 said:

I have read comments in the past saying beta security patches compared to netgears official releases are not as good. So of we are worried about security we should just stick with netgears official firmware until the beta makes it to the official release 

I'm not sure what public version it's based off (I assume the latest) but I would recommend caution if that is of concern to you and go with the official public release

I have read comments in the past saying beta security patches compared to netgears official releases are not as good. So of we are worried about security we should just stick with netgears official firmware until the beta makes it to netgears website as official firmware. These pictures show what I’m comparing the beta to. As long as whatever current internet exploits are being blocked within the beta software I’ll give it a try.

IMG_8099.jpeg

IMG_8100.jpeg

IMG_8101.png