Ping Test(Under Load)

• Administrators

We're still improving it so if it doesn't improve after these steps you can ignore it for now. 

It's best to start with a high value for Congestion Control (set to Always), say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thanks. What do you mean until I get to a value that is pretty good? What is good?

Ideally you want the Ping Under Load graph to closely resemble the Ping Test graph as much as possible so you're getting to 10ms above that at a certain percentage and all others are higher when reducing by 10% go 5% either side of that value.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thanks whatever I do I can’t get them all be an A+. If I get an A+ in Ping Test Under Load then the speed test goes down to D

You actually haven't set your speeds correctly in the bandwidth settings in the Congestion Control menu :menu, probably best to do that first and then check it out again. Don't worry about the speed rating, when using Congestion Control it will reduce the speeds to eliminate lag.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thanks I’ll do.

Just curious, how does the lag get eliminated when the speeds are reduced when Congestion Control is used?

Bufferbloat/lag which the Ping Under Load test represents happens when the network is saturated i.e. your bandwidth is all being used, by lowering Congestion Control which lowers the speeds it prevents a portion of your bandwidth being used which then prevents the bufferbloat occurring. 

@KyleAnother thing when testing your connection benchmark to see the results you need to apply always on the cc you can change this after by having it on auto enable if you prefer to only use it when it detects your gaming traffic and just want to use full speeds when your not gaming.

6 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@KyleAnother thing when testing your connection benchmark to see the results you need to apply always on the cc you can change this after by having it on auto enable if you prefer to only use it when it detects your gaming traffic and just want to use full speeds when your not gaming.

Thanks. I’d probably rather have it at Auto Enable. Is it good at detecting the gaming traffic though?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Thanks. I’d probably rather have it at Auto Enable. Is it good at detecting the gaming traffic though?

Auto Enable will apply depending on your Traffic Prioritization settings so as long as you have that setup in a way that will prioritize when you're gaming on your respective platform it will apply every time.

@KylePersonally for me it wasn't too accurate so it best to just add your device under traffic prioritization in order to take full advantage of priority if it a gaming console you just classify it as a games console and it should pretty much prioritize all traffic when gaming...the reason I say this is because from my experience dumaos classified wouldn't detect the games console from time to time and so that meant it wasn't getting priority and so making the rule forced it to be prioritized. 

Though on next update I believe they should be pushing the same cloud update as on the R2 which I have been beta testing and it way better at detecting games more efficiently though it requires feedback since it still not perfect and I've been adding games and pending to test them as they keep making changes too it...so on next update you should be getting near perfect traffic detection

Thank you for the help. I’m gaming on the PC. So it’s just a matter of adding my PC to the device list and it should work with Auto Enable, correct?

When setting up Traffic prioritization though, it asks which game along with the device. What do I select for my Gaming PC? And I also have a Streaming PC which I’d like to add, what am I going to pick for they device? Any recommendation?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Thank you for the help. I’m gaming on the PC. So it’s just a matter of adding my PC to the device list and it should work with Auto Enable, correct?

When setting up Traffic prioritization though, it asks which game along with the device. What do I select for my Gaming PC? And I also have a Streaming PC which I’d like to add, what am I going to pick for they device? Any recommendation?

For a PC you can leave DumaOS Classified Games enabled, depending on what you're playing it may be prioritized automatically, otherwise you can add it with the Games Console service, likewise for the streaming PC.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For a PC you can leave DumaOS Classified Games enabled, depending on what you're playing it may be prioritized automatically, otherwise you can add it with the Games Console service, likewise for the streaming PC.

I normally play eFootball(old name pro evolution soccer) Is that a DumaOS Classified game?

also, since I don’t play games on the streaming PC but just run OBS on it, should I still add that PC manually?

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I normally play eFootball(old name pro evolution soccer) Is that a DumaOS Classified game?

also, since I don’t play games on the streaming PC but just run OBS on it, should I still add that PC manually?

No I don't believe so, in that case use Games Console instead.

You shouldn't need to add it then, try it without for the moment and see if you encounter any issues.

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No I don't believe so, in that case use Games Console instead.

You shouldn't need to add it then, try it without for the moment and see if you encounter any issues.

Thank you