Should Mu-mimo and implicit beam forming be on?

Rozay

@Netduma Fraser so something weird I noticed and I asked my friend to do the same thing. I have an xr500 and he has a R2 we both turned off mumimo and implicit beam forming. While also being hardwired and immediately noticed that hit registration felt much better and stronger so then we turned it back on and it went back to being bad. Then we turned it off again and was better again. Also CTS/RTS threshold is set at 2347 we both lowered it to 64 which is Netgear's test environment threshold and the gameplay was significantly smoother. Neither of us are on wifi. So why are these settings effecting gameplay?

• Administrators

The only thing I can think of is that it's resetting the network interface, other than that it has no effect on ethernet, I suspect if you keep playing with those adjusted settings the in game experience will go back to normal after awhile

@RozaySounds like placebo to me you would need accurate proof for that dude I run an XR1000 and I have all those features and more and no difference mu-mimo is only used if your on wifi it has no affect on wired Ethernet as it a tool to improve wireless signals around devices

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Rozay said:

@Netduma Fraser I brought down the cts rts threshold down to one and my game feels completely different for the both of us actually.the settings are effecting the Ethernet side

Unless NG have got their wires crossed somehow I don't see how that could be, those settings are only found in Advanced WiFi settings, if it affected anything else it would be in another section. Play using those settings all night and see if you get the same results.

@Netduma Fraser so I hooked up my Netgear orbi as well and removed my Netgear xr500 and made the same changes on the orbi that I made on the xr500 and same result. I don't know how to find accurate proof because it's more of a feel thing but to make sure I had my brother and friend try it out after changing it and they could tell there was a difference in the game play. Reverting it back to the factory settings changed it back to the original gameplay style you could say. I have the cts threshold at 5 right now and it makes the game feel completely different than in 2347 which is the default.