New Netduma R2 no internet connection

Atom Glory

Hi all. Just purchased a new R2 router. It’s connected to a Motorola MB8611 modem and is running the current firmware. 

After unboxing and connecting the R2 it could not connect to the internet at all. I tried using the Ethernet cable I was using previously with my old modem, as well as the one provided in the packaging. I also used both cables connected directly to my modem to insure they were working properly.

I can go through all the steps in the dumaOS set up, and can even reach the main settings page. It unfortunately won’t connect to the internet at all, and I’m not sure if the WAN port on the router is DOA or what. 

Have you tried unplugging your MB8611 Cable Modem and for about two minutes. Same with the R2. Wait about two minutes with R2 power unplugged, then plug the cable back in. Wait about two minutes, then plug in your MB8611 Power cable. This should take about two minutes before it recognized the R2 and give it an IP address.

Edit: Reread your message and followed your steps exactly and voila it works. Thank you. I never thought to leave the router on and power cycle the modem. I’d always connected them the other way. Power on modem first and then power on router.