mw2 hit detection is awful

kevo

ive seen where people always saying the hit detection in mw2 is fast i cant tell. i havent played a cod multiplayer in a long time. so i decided to play mw2 since its free to play and the amount of hit markers im getting is crazy im on pc now playing on a 16ms ping. when people shoot me i get dropped in a bullet or 2 but when im shooting them its taking so many bullets. whats the secret to get better hit reg in this awful franchise. any other game i play its smooth but returning to this game made me realize why i quit playing

46 minutes ago, kevo said:

ive seen where people always saying the hit detection in mw2 is fast i cant tell. i havent played a cod multiplayer in a long time. so i decided to play mw2 since its free to play and the amount of hit markers im getting is crazy im on pc now playing on a 16ms ping. when people shoot me i get dropped in a bullet or 2 but when im shooting them its taking so many bullets. whats the secret to get better hit reg in this awful franchise. any other game i play its smooth but returning to this game made me realize why i quit playing

Anything made by infinity ward or sledgehammer is trash all I got to comment plus all the companies use the same engine it just recycled and tweaked because they're cheap stakes plus new implementation of schemes in modern games is toxic as hell

Though as for hit detection in those games it like one day the servers are good next day they can be down don't expect anything more from a greedy corporate and this is not typically based on your end but the servers.

I've honestly stopped playing generally to be honest just tired of crappy modern games there are some good ones but there mostly on pc you just get tired of being hyped by a game company just to be completely disappointed especially nowadays were they expect you to beta test they're games for free will making billions in profit selling you pixels 😂

I had this experience all day yesterday, I barely won 2 BR games. Its just the way the game is really its not you everyone experiences this now and then its common be it on a good connection or not.

1 hour ago, DARKNESS said:

Anything made by infinity ward or sledgehammer is trash all I got to comment plus all the companies use the same engine it just recycled and tweaked because they're cheap stakes plus new implementation of schemes in modern games is toxic as hell

Though as for hit detection in those games it like one day the servers are good next day they can be down don't expect anything more from a greedy corporate and this is not typically based on your end but the servers.

I've honestly stopped playing generally to be honest just tired of crappy modern games there are some good ones but there mostly on pc you just get tired of being hyped by a game company just to be completely disappointed especially nowadays were they expect you to beta test they're games for free will making billions in profit selling you pixels 😂

i cant believe how bad this game is especially on shipment lmao no spawn protection people just wait on you to spawn 😆

2 hours ago, kevo said:

i cant believe how bad this game is especially on shipment lmao no spawn protection people just wait on you to spawn 😆

Some people just love getting spawn trapped since they've lost they're brain cells playing cod just like fortnite kids asking for they're moms credit card every new skin that releases just to get destroyed and emoted 😂

2 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

Some people just love getting spawn trapped since they've lost they're brain cells playing cod just like fortnite kids asking for they're moms credit card every new skin that releases just to get destroyed and emoted 😂

lol ikr their matchmaking system is awful my whole team be clueless

On 6/25/2023 at 2:52 PM, Seye said:

I had this experience all day yesterday, I barely won 2 BR games. Its just the way the game is really its not you everyone experiences this now and then its common be it on a good connection or not.

Is there anything that can be done to improve it if you're not already hard wired via ethernet to your modem?  I'm debating getting a DumaOS router again but hit reg improvements for non-wifi users seem to be mixed on here.  My ISP plan is 1gigabit fiber.  I've messed around with a R2 around when the game released, but geo locking to certain regions (I'm in the US Northeast, so tried Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and Chicago) didn't seem to do much.  I generally had better ping when not connecting to Chicago, as that's the server region I seem to SBMM the most when not get locked.

I've also tried different combinations of receive / transit buffers in my ethernet settings, etc. to no avail.

I can literally tell when I'm on a "good" servers since I'm on M&K and the input lag is instantly gone.  The game feels much faster, the hit reg is instant, and the TTK is night and day.  This issue is also only present in Warzone 2 as MW2 MP feels great.

It's the game giving us shit hit reg, not crappy servers. I've partied up with 2 neighbours using the same ISP and they have good hit reg in the matches people are sponging my bullets. The server isn't crap, otherwise their hit reg would suck as well. Who knows what determines whether you get good hit reg. I used to think it's cause there's laggy players in the match and with my ping being around 6ms I get penalised, but these guys have the same ping. I've tested everything except their equipment lol there's nothing more I can do..

12 hours ago, johnnytran said:

It's the game giving us shit hit reg, not crappy servers. I've partied up with 2 neighbours using the same ISP and they have good hit reg in the matches people are sponging my bullets. The server isn't crap, otherwise their hit reg would suck as well. Who knows what determines whether you get good hit reg. I used to think it's cause there's laggy players in the match and with my ping being around 6ms I get penalised, but these guys have the same ping. I've tested everything except their equipment lol there's nothing more I can do..

I wouldn’t necessarily be shocked since they do the same to cheaters in-game and the servers are like apex when your lagging it gives you an advantage silly as hell and it shouldn’t be like that it no one’s fault you live on the forest in the middle of nowhere