Apex legends

ZahroKen

Hello, 

I've recently bought the nighthawk XR300 and all in all it was better than my ISP modem (I have ADSL)

this is my bandwidth (I know it's ridiculous) but it's enough to play normally any online game.

image.png.7eac323d732529ec62a7d51e0fda6347.png

However, recently every time i play Apex Legends with my brother (it only happens when we both play apex at the same time) we both get upload consumption spike and the game becomes unplayable (like 2000ms and 100% PL).

Like this: 

image.thumb.png.aca54e78622da984ff112f437ce47e24.png

And to be clear the first weeks when I got the XR300 all was fine it was working fine.

Is there any solution ?

I may be wrong here. But, I believe they have a DPI cloud update for all routers. It doesn't hurt to try this:

Go to Device Manager on the left-hand side. You should then be taking to the menu with all the devices connected. Next, click on the trigram/hamburger looking icon next to "Network Map"  in the top left of the device manager, and you should see "ReSync Cloud" tap that. It will do an update just in case if you're not on one of the latest for you. Wait about 2 to 3 minutes. Now, also make sure you have your upload QOS Congestion Control possibly set a little higher than what you may currently have it now, IF you have it set up. If you're seeing 100% for upload slider. Please drop this to about 80%. If you're still experiencing the lag, increase it by 5-10% until you're no longer feeling the lag spike. But 80 or 90% should be decent enough. But, I would go as high as 97% due to having less than 1.5mbps for upload.

Apex uses about 600-1200 Kbps (upload) at any given moment. As I believe, this is when the statistical data is sent to Apex Servers. Some info I collected personally from playing.

On 6/14/2023 at 12:44 AM, TrayDay said:

I may be wrong here. But, I believe they have a DPI cloud update for all routers. It doesn't hurt to try this:

Go to Device Manager on the left-hand side. You should then be taking to the menu with all the devices connected. Next, click on the trigram/hamburger looking icon next to "Network Map"  in the top left of the device manager, and you should see "ReSync Cloud" tap that. It will do an update just in case if you're not on one of the latest for you. Wait about 2 to 3 minutes. Now, also make sure you have your upload QOS Congestion Control possibly set a little higher than what you may currently have it now, IF you have it set up. If you're seeing 100% for upload slider. Please drop this to about 80%. If you're still experiencing the lag, increase it by 5-10% until you're no longer feeling the lag spike. But 80 or 90% should be decent enough. But, I would go as high as 97% due to having less than 1.5mbps for upload.

Apex uses about 600-1200 Kbps (upload) at any given moment. As I believe, this is when the statistical data is sent to Apex Servers. Some info I collected personally from playing.

i don't think i have that on this OS version.

image.thumb.png.9c5256c47d26ef3cc07edcbd19eb07cb.png

Sorry for the late response, i had internet issues these past days.

And to answer your question i tried yesterday with my brother it was the same problem 

he was playing apex with his friends and i was just browsing normal he had no lag spikes

the moment i launched apex and started playing, we had the same problem, i mentioned.

Side note,

since I installed the router into my network, I had a weird problem

when I browse the internet, sometimes the site that I go to do not load (like this):

image.thumb.png.3e8b58e80f45f394993398a2108ad63d.png

and I have to refresh, sometimes I have to refresh the page many times to access the website

and it does it with discord, too. (here I let it try to reconnect to see if it does, but it didn't I had to restart my PC)

image.png.508992a8062314328d569fc7b01812db.png

and also with games like CoD:WZ (I have to restart my computer or when I lunch the game I get stuck in the connection page screen in game)

PS: it happens a lot when I switch game, and also when I tried playing Don't Starve together.

image.thumb.png.acfb50132f2dbc7c0c9940495f401f1b.png

How can I fix this problem ? 

Thank you in advance.

• Administrators

If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu icon do you still get the Apex issue?

For the loading issue change your DNS to 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 on the Internet Setup page and see if that resolves it.

No, we're not using the geo-filter when we play.

I have a nighthawk XR300, it's connected to my ISP modem through on port 1/WAN,

and I followed the setup process like normal (QOS page when I play).

image.thumb.png.e74fcfd14b10fc4a379a9ad6cf064a76.png

Now it's detecting the traffic prioritization.

But same first problem (just now I was play in apex and my brother started playing)

image.thumb.png.ded7b6d982f63e34d9c45fbe7d3ceabe.png

i don't even have over 1Mbps of upload and it goes up like that.

• Administrators

Reset download Bandwidth Allocation, set each device for Apex to use 15% on Bandwidth Allocation for upload, then disable Share Excess on the Bandwidth Allocation menu :menu and try again, see if that resolves it

On 6/23/2023 at 12:21 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Reset download Bandwidth Allocation, set each device for Apex to use 15% on Bandwidth Allocation for upload, then disable Share Excess on the Bandwidth Allocation menu :menu and try again, see if that resolves it

Hello again, I tried this solution and it worked nicely 

now we can simultaneously play, me and my brother.

Thanks for the help @Netduma Fraser

And for the DNS problem, I've put this DNS address 1.1.1.1 on my NiC.

thanks again :)