Trying to create port forwarding rule and getting an 'Invalid IP Address' error for a listed IP.

u using an xr1000? interference look a little different

That might be because the port is already being utilized by another device so you can't add several devices with the same port etc at that point just use upnp that the side effect of port forwarding you can only port one device per port

I just tried just one port, set the device to static .111, still says the IP is invalid. I dont have any other port forwarding going on so I shouldnt have conflicting rules there.

Im just trying to improve my switch online connection and get the ports opened up for NAT type A for smash with friends on a peer to peer connections.

The easiest way is to put the game console in the dmz

And if your nat type does not change, you have a shared ipv4...

• Administrators
14 hours ago, devmar said:

I just tried just one port, set the device to static .111, still says the IP is invalid. I dont have any other port forwarding going on so I shouldnt have conflicting rules there.

Im just trying to improve my switch online connection and get the ports opened up for NAT type A for smash with friends on a peer to peer connections.

So you deleted all the other port rules you made and just tried to add the one? In WAN Settings try setting NAT to Open and see if that improves your NAT status

Ok problem has been solved, you need a reserved IP in the LAN setup to do any port forwarding. I suggest that in the error message, it is better defined as 'IP is invalid' does not help the user create the rule, and point to the issue.

I should note, Ive been able to have port forwarding rules on dynamically assigned IP's in like... basic Netgear OS so it may be good to have the option to pair it to MAC or something in the future.