Understanding the Purpose of the 'Allow and Deny' Feature in Geofilter Section of Netduma R2 Router

I have a question regarding the "Allow and Deny" feature in the Geofilter section of my Netduma R2 router.

During my gaming sessions, I've noticed that when I'm connected to a server, it shows up under the "Autoping" section. From there, I have the option to save it, and once saved, the server's name appears in the "Allow and Deny" list. However, I'm a bit unclear about the purpose of this feature.

When I select "Deny," it's evident that I'm blocking that particular server. However, I'm not entirely sure what selecting "Allow" signifies. Isn't it already assumed that the server is allowed since it falls within the polygon or circle I've set up? I'm trying to understand if there's a specific use case for allowing servers outside of the chosen polygon, such as exceptional servers like Discord or Xbox Live voice servers.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with more information on the "Allow and Deny" feature in the Geofilter section. Thank you

WELL IT PRETTY BLATANT WHAT IT DOES BUT QUICK EXAMPLE YOU HAVE THE GEOFILTER SET IN A CERTAIN AREA AND YOUR FRIEND LIVES FURTHER AWAY AND IN ORDER TO COMMUNICATE WITH HIM YOU NEED TO ALLOW HIM TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER TECHNICALLY HE CAN JOIN A PARTY CHAT BUT YOU WON'T HEAR HIM SINCE IT BEING BLOCKED AND IN ORDER TO HEAR HIM YOU NEED TO ALLOW HIM IN ORDER TO COMMUNICATE.

BY FURTHER AWAY I MEAN OUTSIDE GEOFILTER*

PLUS YOU CAN SAVE CERTAIN SERVERS THAT HAVE DECENT PING WILL STILL PRIORITIZING YOUR GEOFILTER SO YOU CAN KIND OF USE IT AS A PING ASSIST AS WELL BUT BEING MORE SELECTIVE SINCE YOU WOULD BE DOING IT MANUALLY

geofilter does not work at all for warzone 2 

I tried to change it but it didn't work 3 years ago on cold war, the server number was right 

now if I put spain example 28.10.21.36 

at the ping heat map it gives me a completely different address 

how is the match making done compared to the old call of duty 

thanks 

• Administrators
On 5/17/2023 at 4:01 AM, JoshTheLuz said:

I have a question regarding the "Allow and Deny" feature in the Geofilter section of my Netduma R2 router.

During my gaming sessions, I've noticed that when I'm connected to a server, it shows up under the "Autoping" section. From there, I have the option to save it, and once saved, the server's name appears in the "Allow and Deny" list. However, I'm a bit unclear about the purpose of this feature.

When I select "Deny," it's evident that I'm blocking that particular server. However, I'm not entirely sure what selecting "Allow" signifies. Isn't it already assumed that the server is allowed since it falls within the polygon or circle I've set up? I'm trying to understand if there's a specific use case for allowing servers outside of the chosen polygon, such as exceptional servers like Discord or Xbox Live voice servers.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with more information on the "Allow and Deny" feature in the Geofilter section. Thank you

Allow & Deny is more of a permanent version of the Geo-Filter, once allowed/denied they will always adhere to that regardless of your Geo-Filter settings unless you remove them. A good example above is using it to allow a friend that would otherwise be outside your radius. Also every panel on the router has a ? icon that you can click on to provide you more information about the feature.

12 hours ago, Dopam-IT_1987 said:

geofilter does not work at all for warzone 2 

I tried to change it but it didn't work 3 years ago on cold war, the server number was right 

now if I put spain example 28.10.21.36 

at the ping heat map it gives me a completely different address 

how is the match making done compared to the old call of duty 

thanks 

I would recommend making a new topic regarding this as it does work but for example the Spanish server is not always available to be connected to so if you're only forcing that you'll have some trouble. There are multiple servers clustered in those locations so the server IPs may not always match.