Connecting to a match

Reykc9510

13 hours ago, Reykc9510 said:

Playing mw2 I live in Florida, where my location is set. It takes 5 minutes or more to find a match.

20230513_175818.jpg

It's Call of Duty game's fault that it's so slow to search for games with the filter on, one of the reasons is sbmm 

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot of the page please? Where is your location set exactly? Which CoD game are you playing?

Have not tried that, then I would assume If I did that my ping would be thru the roof.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Reykc9510 said:

Have not tried that, then I would assume If I did that my ping would be thru the roof.

It's just a test to see whether you're able to get games faster

On 5/13/2023 at 4:54 PM, Reykc9510 said:

Taken forever to find/connect to a match. Have distance set to 1800 ping assist to 30. Any advice?

PERSONALLY DON'T USE PING ASSIST IT NOT 100% ACCURATE JUST USE THE POLYGON MODE OR CIRCLE MODE AS YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW WERE THE LOW PING SERVERS ARE LOCATED FOR THE MOST PART IT ALL IN THE SAME AREA SINCE ALL COMPANIES USE SIMILAR DATA CENTERS.

THE REASON PING I SAY THIS ABOUT PING ASSIST IS BECAUSE IF YOU FIND A SERVER WITH 30 PING AND SET IT TO 30 IT WON'T CONNECT THEREFORE IT A GIMMICK SINCE YOU HAVE TO SET IT HIGHER AND IT CAN POSSIBLY CONNECT YOU TO A BAD PING SERVER THAT MY PERSONAL OPINION IF YOU LIKE IT THEN KEEP USING IT WHATEVER WORKS.

ALSO I SEE THAT YOU'VE BEEN HAVING PING ISSUES IT CAN POSSIBLY BE ISP BUT I STILL RECOMMEND MANUALLY QOS YOUR SETTINGS ANYTHING BELOW 50% WOULD PROBABLY SHOW IMPROVEMENTS ESPECIALLY UPLOAD SINCE THAT THE MOST USEFUL WHEN IT COMES TO GAMING PLUS YOU HAVE PLENTY OF BANDWIDTH. YOU CAN TEST IT BY HAVING QOS APPLIED TO SEE RESULTS AND THEN PUTTING IT ON AUTO SO IT ONLY USED WHEN YOUR GAMING ETC

ESPECIALLY SEEING THOSE 100+MS SPIKES AIN'T GOOD

6 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

PERSONALLY DON'T USE PING ASSIST IT NOT 100% ACCURATE JUST USE THE POLYGON MODE OR CIRCLE MODE AS YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW WERE THE LOW PING SERVERS ARE LOCATED FOR THE MOST PART IT ALL IN THE SAME AREA SINCE ALL COMPANIES USE SIMILAR DATA CENTERS.

THE REASON PING I SAY THIS ABOUT PING ASSIST IS BECAUSE IF YOU FIND A SERVER WITH 30 PING AND SET IT TO 30 IT WON'T CONNECT THEREFORE IT A GIMMICK SINCE YOU HAVE TO SET IT HIGHER AND IT CAN POSSIBLY CONNECT YOU TO A BAD PING SERVER THAT MY PERSONAL OPINION IF YOU LIKE IT THEN KEEP USING IT WHATEVER WORKS.

ALSO I SEE THAT YOU'VE BEEN HAVING PING ISSUES IT CAN POSSIBLY BE ISP BUT I STILL RECOMMEND MANUALLY QOS YOUR SETTINGS ANYTHING BELOW 50% WOULD PROBABLY SHOW IMPROVEMENTS ESPECIALLY UPLOAD SINCE THAT THE MOST USEFUL WHEN IT COMES TO GAMING PLUS YOU HAVE PLENTY OF BANDWIDTH. YOU CAN TEST IT BY HAVING QOS APPLIED TO SEE RESULTS AND THEN PUTTING IT ON AUTO SO IT ONLY USED WHEN YOUR GAMING ETC

ESPECIALLY SEEING THOSE 100+MS SPIKES AIN'T GOOD

What qos settings should I use?

Reykc9510

This is something you have to personally test yourself as stated but if your a console player I recommend manually prioritizing your device under traffic prioritization just like this just cause dumaos classified doesn't always prioritize properly as for congestion control anything below 50% should show definite improvements on hit reg mines personally are below 20% but it only active when I game which is why it set on auto enable to get the most responsive experience and when it off i get full bandwidth for all devices.

Warning going too low on upload can have make it worst this is what I found to work for me without increasing the buffering

The only time you want qos is when your doing VoIP communication like gaming etc

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 7.00.23 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 7.11.03 AM.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Reykc9510 said:

I have to check an see how mine is set up, yes im a console player,  hit reg? That means hit register? I do notice sometimes I tag a player 4 5 shots first an still lose the gun battle..

Have you tested whether with the Geo-Filter disabled you're getting faster games?

3 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

Reykc9510

This is something you have to personally test yourself as stated but if your a console player I recommend manually prioritizing your device under traffic prioritization just like this just cause dumaos classified doesn't always prioritize properly as for congestion control anything below 50% should show definite improvements on hit reg mines personally are below 20% but it only active when I game which is why it set on auto enable to get the most responsive experience and when it off i get full bandwidth for all devices.

Warning going too low on upload can have make it worst this is what I found to work for me without increasing the buffering

The only time you want qos is when your doing VoIP communication like gaming etc

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 7.00.23 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 7.11.03 AM.png

20230516_103201.jpg

20230516_103153.jpg

• Administrators

Most likely on the game side then if you're seeing the same behavior. You don't need to set 100% bandwidth to gaming, gaming barely uses any bandwidth and forcing more on it won't make it use it. Should definitely use Congestion Control as well to eliminate any potential local congestion.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Most likely on the game side then if you're seeing the same behavior. You don't need to set 100% bandwidth to gaming, gaming barely uses any bandwidth and forcing more on it won't make it use it. Should definitely use Congestion Control as well to eliminate any potential local congestion.

20230516_103153.thumb.jpg.24660e7c8e24fdd95ed5c16407ba28de.jpg

20230516_103201.jpg

• Administrators

You don't need to set 100% bandwidth to gaming, gaming barely uses any bandwidth and forcing more on it won't make it use it. Should definitely use Congestion Control as well to eliminate any potential local congestion, right now it's not applying with it set to Never & 100%. You can also remove the Games Console rule on Traffic Prio as Classified Games is prioritizing for you.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need to set 100% bandwidth to gaming, gaming barely uses any bandwidth and forcing more on it won't make it use it. Should definitely use Congestion Control as well to eliminate any potential local congestion, right now it's not applying with it set to Never & 100%. You can also remove the Games Console rule on Traffic Prio as Classified Games is prioritizing for you.

Ok I did the auto set up it put both at 75%, does the classified games always work?

I BELIEVE YOUR PROBLEM IS CLEAR AS DAY HOMIE YOUR NOT UTILIZING CONGESTION CONTROL AT ALL THAT WHAT WE CALL QOS YOU HAVE IT SET TO NEVER YOU NEED TO CHANGE THAT TO AUTO ENABLE IN ADDITION YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR SPEEDS BY CLICKING ON THE 3 SLASHES IF NEEDED

CONGESTION CONTROL IS BASICALLY THE TOOL THAT LOWERS YOUR LATENCY/PING

4 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

I BELIEVE YOUR PROBLEM IS CLEAR AS DAY HOMIE YOUR NOT UTILIZING CONGESTION CONTROL AT ALL THAT WHAT WE CALL QOS YOU HAVE IT SET TO NEVER YOU NEED TO CHANGE THAT TO AUTO ENABLE IN ADDITION YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR SPEEDS BY CLICKING ON THE 3 SLASHES IF NEEDED

CONGESTION CONTROL IS BASICALLY THE TOOL THAT LOWERS YOUR LATENCY/PING

I have it set to auto-enable now. What 2 SLASHES are you referring to?

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Reykc9510 said:

Ok I did the auto set up it put both at 75%, does the classified games always work?

Yes it will prioritize whenever you're gaming

10 minutes ago, Reykc9510 said:

I have it set to auto-enable now. What 2 SLASHES are you referring to?

The menu icon which looks like this :menu 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it will prioritize whenever you're gaming

The menu icon which looks like this :menu 

What should I set the speeds to the bandwidth speeds. I found the 3 slashes.