XR1000 DPI ISSUE BUG

So basically I noticed that it shows that it running since the indicator is red however even when it is I do a speed test the device gets affected and I can tell as well by looking at the ping ingame since the average is 30 and 60 when it not being prioritized under traffic prioritization. I tried turning off the switch on and off to see if it fixed while on game but it doesn't unless I quit the game and then start new match.

This doesn't happen often but it a nuisance when it does happen I tried re sync didn't do much

here the log and look of the setup vp is playstation

log-1683140960416.txt

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 3.11.38 PM.png

TO ADD AS WELL QOS INS'T ACTIVE WHEN IT HAPPENS AND IT ON AUTO RECOMMENDED SO FROM MY UNDERSTANDING WHEN IT DETECTS IT ACTIVATES BUT IN THIS CIRCUMSTANCE IT DOES NOT ETC SO I THINK IT BOTH TRAFFIC PRIORITIZATION AND QOS BUGGING OUT WHENEVER IT DOES HAPPEN.

56 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What device are you running a speedtest on? What is Congestion Control set to and what speeds does the test report - what you have it limited to on CC?

I do a speed test on several devices android & ios + mac same result it shows that when the issue occurs qos isn't enabled even though looking at the traffic it shows it passing packets for the device and when disabled and re-enabled it doesn't come back on just for a split second it shows the indicator red referring to traffic prioritization.

FOR CC IT LIMITED TO 25MBS AND UPLOAD 4 IT BETTER TO SHOW IMAGE ETC LINK BELOW IT MY PREFERRED SETUP FOR LOW LATENCY IT WHAT WORKS FOR ME BEST

THE SPEEDS ARE 500 DOWN AND 40 UP SET ON CC

It rare so it hard to collect data upon it but it does happen I have IP reservation + port forward setup etc

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 12.41.51 PM.png

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

I'll try to catch some footage at some point and show better proof unless you have something else to add give heads up

A video would be best I think so I can see exactly what is happening, thanks!

On 5/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

A video would be best I think so I can see exactly what is happening, thanks!

Update so I did some further testing and it seems the reason for my high ping is do to the fact epic games added a server on the same area but it sucks so now I have to manually block it to get the better server. Ill still update a video by the end of the week on xr1000 on the issue of qos disabling itself

22 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

Update so I did some further testing and it seems the reason for my high ping is do to the fact epic games added a server on the same area but it sucks so now I have to manually block it to get the better server. Ill still update a video by the end of the week on xr1000 on the issue of qos disabling itself

Hello so here the footage I just want to be clear I wasn't able to replicate it the way it happened to me from normal use but I was able to replicate it showing you that traffic prioritization is active and QOS is not by toggling off and on traffic prioritization and showing dpi being active under traffic prioritization.

here the footage

54 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh, I think I may know what is going on, is the device you have set in Traffic Prioritization the one you're doing the test on?

You mean the speed test?

If your referring to the games console it is which is a PlayStation for the most part it works fine just something I found intriguing...it rare to see that happen as stated before

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes the speed test, so the device added to Traffic Prio is a PlayStation?

Have you made any Traffic Controller rules for the PC you're using or DMZ etc?

FOR THIS CASE I haven't done anything this is just fresh reset so it just automatic upnp and no I am not speed testing the ps5 as shown in the video the dpi is just detecting the traffic from the game which is running on the server that how it detects the traffic.

The way qos work is when it activates it decreases the bandwidth for everything and that fine since it only when it detects traffic I've done the test on the console as well and same result so qos is not enabled in that case when it shows it passing traffic under the dpi even though it should be

Let say the console idle it doesn't detect anything it only detects whenever it knows a port is being utilized on a game that my understanding unless it not supposed to work like that...

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, could you double check if Firefox is forcing HTTPS: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/https-only-prefs#w_enabledisable-https-only-mode and if it is then disable it and see if it behaves more consistently?

Ive done test with https disabled in different browsers there no actual difference for me and it shows on the video that it not being encrypted so it has nothing to do with https on my end.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just a thought but when you enable Traffic Prioritization and QoS isn't throttling properly, is that when you're already on a game?

Yes 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you enable Traffic Prio before the game/console is on does it then correctly throttle when you're on the game?

YES IT ENABLED THE WHOLE TIME I'VE ONLY ENCOUNTERED THIS ISSUE ABOUT THREE TIMES OR SO IT EXTREMELY RARE BUT IT SOMETHING I WANT TO SHARE UPON

I KNOW IT DETECTS TRAFFIC COMING FROM CONSOLE WHEN INITIAL BOOT AND THEN STOPS ONLY WHEN YOUR IN THE GAME AND CONNECTED TO A SERVER IT IS ACTIVE WHICH IS FINE IN GENERAL