Interface got slower (XR1000) among other issues

Never had this problem till recently before but the interface got mad slower (which I never had this problem b4 till now) & the only time its faster is if I put the PC in Geo but its only like slightly not like instant like before... Also the "Set home by address" now doesn't seem to be working at all & it was working just fine I wanna say like a few days ago.

• Administrators

Just to clarify, putting your PC in the Geo-Filter made the router interface faster? 

Are you getting an error when trying to input the address?

Have any settings been changed or anything in your setup prior to these issues appearing?

Just slightly as in like loading the page faster etc

Mm... The main problem here is just really the interface being slow af but I do keep getting that error code "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp"

No I didn't change anything just had it on the normal IP settings I've had it on this whole time & since this started I decided to change my dns on the router along with putting my laptop into IPV6 but I don't really see a difference even after all that... I 4got to mention I even factory reset 2-3 times too but its still the same.

I guess the issue with setting the home address has now resolved itself cause now it appears to be showing up again instead of b4 with the "The operation is taking longer" error code but yeah I also resynced the cloud as well b4 along with the fac reset... I believe it MIGHT be back to normal now but if it happens again is there any steps I can take to fix the problem or should I just come back to the forum?

log-1683065837195.txt

• Administrators

Do keep us updated about that, thank you for the log, if does happen again could you check if the router is showing the correct time for the time zone you have set it to and if not change it, you may need to try with DST off/on and then try again after that.

Has the slow loading of the interface improved since that issue seemed to resolve itself?

Its faster than it was b4 with the slow problem I had to deal with. Also DST? & does the timezone really effect anything but yeah it was on Canada for some reasonl & now im starting to see this when I goto Geo-Filter Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token

• Administrators

Daylight Savings Time (DST), yes it can do, in the log it mentioned a time disparity so as long as that is correct it should perform better. 

Is that when adjusting something or just by loading the page? If you click okay does it work or does it re-appear?

Uncaught TypeError: b.draggable is not a function

This is a new one

Loading the page & when I click it it goes away but now it seems like an error code is like always showing up on Geo after the update that recently came out for the XR1000 but I suppose it doesn't show up often the error codes just here/there when I goto Geo page

• Administrators

When you got to a website it either connects via HTTPS (secured) or HTTP (unsecured), using HTTPS to access the interface https://192.168.1.1 instead of http://192.168.1.1 can cause issues so make sure you use the http URL but before that go to chrome://net-internals/#hsts in your web browser via the URL by and at the bottom enter the IP and delete, then try the HTTP url.

O... well I always goto 192.168.1.1 & it says "Not secure" at the top left so I just go into net internals & put in 192.168.1.1 to delete in that link? Also is there a fix for the wifi disconnecting on the XR1000 cause Im now experiencing this issue often 

Something seems to always pop up now as an issue NETGEAR SOAP RPC called failed

Is the R1 still like... "Viable" I guess cause I've nvr had this many issues on the XR till like legit just now & at this point I'm kinda done dealing with it so im hoping my old R1 is still able to be used.

• Administrators

Okay that's alright then, while connected via ethernet, disable WiFi radios entirely from the Advanced WiFi settings, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi radios, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if they appear and if it's more stable from then on. If you could grab the log from the System Information page that may provide some insight on what is happening.

You can use the R1 but it hasn't had an update in years and of course the hardware isn't as good as the 1000.

• Administrators

Thanks for this, I'm going to pass it onto a dev to take a look at. It's also possible we've put out a bad cloud update so I'm going to get the team to revert to the previous version on Tuesday to see if that helps.