Any News On Broken Traffic Controller Being Fixed

After factory resetting the router and doing a memory wipe to see if that would clear all the rules permanently stuck in the analytics section with 0 ways to clear them i was asked or offered to join the beta but am not really comfortable with doing that, just wanted to know when this problem in particular is going to be fixed as the main thing i use on this router is the traffic controller to lock down all of my kids devices at certain times and unlock again at certain times, to me without this function the router is pretty much useless, not to mention in it's current state of software being dysfunctional makes the entire XR500 product range in violation of consumer rights, not good.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I haven't heard anything more about it specifically and no one has mentioned it in the beta that I can recall so it is possible it has been fixed for the beta, if you don't want to try it then it's possible if you re-install the existing firmware you're on may clear it

How would i go about reinstalling the existing firmware, i am definitely not alone with this issue as when i searched it up on the internet it came up with a woman with exactly the same problem, i had rules obviously on there before hand to shut off my kids phones at a certain time and come back on at a certain time but then i noticed random devices connecting to my router that i was not adding so for security purposes i hard reset the router by holding the button at the back in  and started fresh so i could keep an eye on it, i even did a seperate wipe of everything by the settings in backup to factory reset and erase everything but the rules i had in there before were gone from the left side of the traffic controller but all still stored on the right under traffic analytics with now 0 way to turn them off or even access them, as of this i cannot make new rules to control their stuff as if i click the button on that disables all rules the old stored and untouchable ones come on with no way to get at them, i'll show you what it looks like. I understand this is a strange problem but if the software for all the units is obviously the same this could crop up on all of them if someone decides they need to do the same as me, sometimes a factory reset is needed but then will leave the customer with this.

Not Working.jpg

• Administrators

So if you download the firmware from here: https://kb.netgear.com/000064857/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-134 then on the interface go to Settings > Administration > Firmware Update and upload it there. 

We are definitely looking into it, I would suggest trying the beta if you haven't already though.

Thanks man, i will do this step and tell you how it goes, hopefully it works as for the last 3 months i have had to manually lock out and unlock their stuff 1 by 1 on device manager :D, ( Update ) Reinstalled the firmware from the link and it is still the same it did not clear it, the stuffs all still stuck in analytics.

Edited by Spandex
Update

I took a pic of the rules in analytics as well to show when you turn off disable all rules they are still active in analytics, i understand this is an extra headache your team have to solve but if it does indeed do it on other routers as well it is quite a big problem, really cool feature and i would say an absolute essential for parents.

Still Working Rules.jpg