XR 1000 Multiple Issues

Having multiple issues with the XR1000 Router..

1. QOS settings do not apply; Am trying to limit bandwidth per device and when saving the limit it does not apply to the device

2. Block Device does not work; also unable to block device from router interface unless using the Nighthawk app

3. Very slow user interface, this is way slower than any other router brand I've used in the past

4. Constant error showing when saving any change made on the router interface "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp." or "Device Not found"

What I've tried so far:

* Use http://192.168.1.1/ to access the router interface

* Reset Router > Update router (XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49)

* Rebooted Router multiple times

* Set Retry attempts to 5 under System Information > Installed Rapps 

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

1. Are you determining this by doing a speedtest? If so you'll have Share Excess enabled, disabling this will then act as a hard limit for the allocations.
  2. Are you doing this on the Device Manager?
  3. Are you using Armor? Clearing browser cache/cookies then refreshing each page once should make it faster after that
  4. What changes specifically are you making when getting the too long message? The device not found message means you've deleted a device and it was currently added to Traffic Prio or the Geo-Filter for example - a factory reset or connecting the devices back via the same method, 2.4/5Ghz/ethernet and with the same name/device type will fix it.

Thank you. 

1. This was indeed determined by a speed test. Looks like disabling share access has solved it out! (Only for download speed, upload speed is acting weird even after saving it only applies to one device)

2. Correct, am attempting to block device under device manager.

3. Armor is disabled. Attempted clearing cache & cookies, speed has improved a bit but still considerably slow.

4. Accessing tabs, saving changes. Anything that has to do with making a change or accessing a section is giving me this error;

- Clicked to uncheck Download share excess

- Set bandwidth limit for a specific device or Accessing QOS section

• Administrators

You'll need to disable Share Excess for upload as well and it should work.

What are the specific devices you're unable to block specifically?

It's definitely not as fast as the other platforms, we'll optimize that as much as we can.

Taking too long message appearing doesn't mean it isn't working, if you wait a minute then refresh it will have applied but it is odd you're seeing it so frequently, did you have this issue after upgrading to the latest version?

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

Upload is broken for bandwidth allocation on dhcp it a known bug should be fixed by next patch I believe unless you like to correct me Fraser

I think in this instance it's likely to be share excess needs to be disabled for upload

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think in this instance it's likely to be share excess needs to be disabled for upload

That doesn't work either Fraser I already posted that post ages ago with proof on a video

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

That doesn't work either Fraser I already posted that post ages ago with proof on a video

You may have an issue that other people don't, in this case until that's been done I can't say if they're experiencing a bug or not

• Administrators
11 hours ago, khola said:

Share Excess for upload is disabled as well, it just doesn't work. The devices am attempting to block is an iPhone. 

Do you have a Traffic Prioritization rule enabled?

Disable Private Addresses on the iPhone then it should be blocked correctly.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have a Traffic Prioritization rule enabled?

Disable Private Addresses on the iPhone then it should be blocked correctly.

Traffic Prioritization section under QOS is constantly loading and does not load. It's a spinning loading icon under this section.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, khola said:

Traffic Prioritization section under QOS is constantly loading and does not load. It's a spinning loading icon under this section.

Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.

This was already done "Set Retry attempts to 5 under System Information > Installed Rapps". Rebooted router again, this section (Traffic Prioritization) is still loading infinitely 

- Did another factory reset and am able to see traffic prioritization now - This is the 9th factory rest and I've only had the router for a month now, I shouldn't be factory reseting the router every other day because something went "broke" inside the interface. 

- Limiting Upload speed on devices is still not working even after disabling both Download/Upload Excess, this was tested on multiple devices (iPhone - Private Address Off, Mac Airbook, Windows Laptop & Desktop on both Wifi and Ethernet, Playstation Ethernet)

- The waiting times are too long after saving a setting as well, mind you this was done after a factory rest. There should be no excuses here.. I have to wait 30 seconds per each Download/Upload QOS change. On Asus am able to update multiple devices in 30 seconds. 

- Making multiple changes will start to give the error message "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp." (Again this is after a complete factory reset)..

• 2 weeks later...