XR1000 TRAFFIC PRIORITAZION BUG OS BASED

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide some information about what rule you're using, what game/platform you're playing on etc as I don't have anything to go off really

PLAYSTATION categorized as a games console only one rule set with QOS active not that i think it matters since I use several devices they work fine it just on the UI base whenever you want to see whether the port is actually active it does not show up as active but it is active and works fine just wanted to report on that issue.

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it appear to work if DumaOS Classified Games is enabled? Just to double check, the device you have added to Traffic Prioritization, does traffic appear for it on the Network Monitor?

It funny because dumaos classified was properly prioritizing the device when fresh reset but then after couples hours passed by just doesn't work the same and that the reason I have to make the rule for traffic prioritization.

As for the network monitor it does detect the device so couldn't guess why it not prioritized more when it already knows it games console on dumaos classified

This screenshot is after I rebooted so it detecting the ports when I have it as games console but dumaos classified is doing nothing as shown but some times it just doesnt detect either but it is prioritized as stated above only when prioritized manually

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 11.59.46 AM.png

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Between when it is working and isn't working are you turning off the console at all/putting it into an instant on/standby mode? 

I turn it off

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you turn it off and on, have a look on the Device Manager does it appear as another device if you match the IPs?

Can't say for sure since device manager takes too long to update you can have the device offline and it still appears as it on the device manager even few hours later so that clearly an issue and resync does nothing to fix it

Though I have seen cases were there are several IP addresses on a single device

YOU CAN SEE BELOW IT SAYS WIRED AND IT STILL ON IN THE DEVICE MANAGER BUT LOOK AT THE PORTS TABLE IT CLEARLY OFFLINE WHICH IT IS RIGHT NOW

VP IS FOR PLAYSTATION edit took down the image do to ip being shown ill send it private directly

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Set a reserved IP for the console in LAN Settings, apply, then reboot the console, then see if Traffic Prio works correctly after that

Did still nothing only rebooting or hard resetting router will fix it and that just bothersome

In addition when reserving the ip it doesn't even show the device name for some reason I have to rename it 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

Yes if your referring to having all ports forwarded and static ip setup nat type 2 etc

As in, it's in the DMZ option in WAN Settings or you've literally made a port forwarding rule for 1-65535? If either of those can you disable it please and see if Traffic Prio behaves more normally please?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As in, it's in the DMZ option in WAN Settings or you've literally made a port forwarding rule for 1-65535? If either of those can you disable it please and see if Traffic Prio behaves more normally please?

I don't have any-other settings except the traffic rule games console

The only game it seems to prioritize is apex legends and probably rocket league which i ain't downloading to test but it detects only Apex Legends from my test and it not detecting any console ports at all and that after i disabled and re enable it. Refereeing to dumaos classified.

So it would seem to only be detecting the only two games you guys can actually detect

still curious how is that it can't detect any-other games except those two is it do to the difference in ports compared to other games?

My best guess is that it thinks it a PC and I know for sure that apex ports are pretty much all the same just some differences so overall id say it just detecting the basic ports of PC not the games console

TO ADD MORE NO ADVANCED PORTS PASS ANY PACKETS SUCH 3074 AND SO ON EVEN THE ONE YOU STATED I CHANGED DEVICE TO GAMES CONSOLE, PLAYSTATION,  AND COMPUTER ON DEVICE MANAGER NOTHING

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How are you determining it's just those two games that it's prioritizing? 

After a reset what settings are you changing specifically, just Traffic Prioritization?

I don't know man I must be Albert Einstein  or something but looking at the network monitor that what it shows and yes all I add on traffic prioritization is games console rule

As for how I am determining if it working it simple are Packets being counted for under Traffic Prioritization ? Is the led indicator red? NO

If you have another way to figure it out I would love to hear it but even then it clearly an os issue

• Administrators

Right so what you're saying is it is incorrectly showing Apex/Rocket League on the Network Monitor when playing. 

I've not seen anyone else with the issue, it is likely there is a mis-configuration somewhere, on the console itself are you using manual network settings changed the DNS etc? 

Could you provide the log from the System Information page please when the issue happens before you do a reboot?