Australia _ Halo Infinite _ 240 Ping / Latency - Netduma R2

kevinnee

Hi Guys,

Looking for some support or advice on this matter.

I am based in West Australia.

I use the NetDuma R2 and OS on a powerful gaming laptop. The laptop is a week old with no other software installed.

I  have followed all the advice provided on the youtube tutorial videos to set this router and software up correctly up correctly. I am 100% happy with the setup.

No matter where i select as home (or) draw a polyline i consistently get nothing less than 240-250 ping in ranked halo games.

I have found information that suggests that 343 selects your server and there is no way around this unless you use a proxy server which brings ping up to at least 300 in Western Australia.

Singapore = 180 ping -------- My Ping 240ms

Sydney = 50 ping --------- My Ping 240ms

India = 80 ping ---------- My Ping 240ms

America = 180 lowest ping ---------- My Ping 240ms

So with all these facts established, i remain constantly on 240 ping for every single game in ranked.... how do you guys continue to market this router as a solution to find low ping servers for Halo Infinite? The router does not work for Halo Infinite and if it does i would like to see evidence from any Australian or others in Australasia who are achieving this.

I love the device and love the software, i think you guys have done a great job. The fact is, i am yet to see it work and have now reverted back to my own router as i may as well be on that.

Please reach out and help us Australians figure this out. We have a raw deal here with latency issues and are relying on experts like you to try get around these issues. I purchased this router in good faith based off your Halo Infinite - Netduma marketing video on youtube.

Thanks and i will look forward to some feedback and will appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Kevin

Hello @kevinnee  Unfortunately 343 has blocked the use of the Geo Filter or any other method by forcing a server you want.. There is nothing one can do about this at the moment.. I live in the USA and I no longer can use it either.. 343 does have a post about this on there main web page halowaypoint.. They did this awhile back and blocked the use of anything like this.. One cant even block servers either.. 

Since they have done this it would likely be better to make sure you do not have the Geo Filter enabled when even trying to play Halo Infinite.. 

Your pings still seem awfully high though.. So make sure your not causing that by some sort of method you think will help.. Because chances are you will likely make things worse for yourself.. There is no method what so ever that will get you to select a server of your choice.. I dont think even using a vpn will help in this situation either..

Im not happy about this either but what can we do! What brought this to a head was when a so called pro player was using this in a likely not so good way during some sort of placement match for a tournament..  That was the last ive heard.. 

Anyways Good luck!

Zippy.

Hi Zippy,

I appreciate your response and finally I know what's wrong after weeks of confusion.

I think that Netduma have an obligation too remove the Halo Infinite video from Youtube which is now in my mind false advertising.

I will be seeking a refund for the product, it does NOT do what it says on the tin and that is simply unfair for unsuspecting buyers.

• Administrators

Hey Kevin, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, I see you've emailed us as well, unfortunately as above they have taken steps to eliminate Geo-Filtering. We do have a probable solution in the works but this may take quite some time. If you would like to get a refund please email us again and I'll get that sorted for you.