Low Upload & Download Speeds

Dip3hittyo

Hi, I have an R2 and I am having horrible download and upload speeds. 

I have 500 download and 100 upload when I plug a computer right into my ISP modem. But when I have my R2 plugged into my ISP modem and my PC into the R2 I can barely get 150 download and 30upload. If I try with WIFI it’s even worse. 

I have the latest firmware, I’ve tried rebooting and factory resetting but I cannot get the speeds either through the benchmark within the modem or when it does a speed test during initial setup. 

thanks in advance. 

image.png.e2afa485612c2c7bd9269a3d00eff5a4.pngimage.png.23a0c385efa75c778889cd8e7baf9a47.png

First check is your speed on R2 set correctly. If your ISP giving you 500/100 then type that or simply go "auto-detect" option.. Also go to "QoS"  and check in "Congestion Control" section is your "QoS" set to "always" and if it is check numbers on the right side maybe you put sliders to low.. Hope this helps you.. 

After you choose speed 500/100 don't go auto-deetect go "next" option then try to do benchmark. I can see on the start of the video that you set your speed lower that 500/100 

My advice to you is when you set speeds correctly then lower sliders to 70%.. and change "always" to "Auto-enable" ;) 

So when I choose auto detect, the window that pops up doesn't show any values it looks like it's just glitching out. 

If I manually set them and hit next like @Netduma Fraser recommended, then do a speed test it is showing full speeds when connected with ethernet.. still not good at all through wifi...  I guess my question now is, how come it does not proper auto-detect and how come the benchmark is showing bad numbers?

Here is what the benchmark test looks like as well.. They do not match what speedtest.net is showing for values.

Screenshot2023-03-15at6_44_55AM.thumb.png.2272a909a0e0cbc897bbddc76b82c2b4.png

Thanks,

• Administrators

Okay that's great, it's because the servers used to determine your speeds will not be the closest server to you like speedtest.net and depending on your routing/distance to them it won't always give you the expected result.

What speeds are you getting over WiFi exactly?

So it’s not overly fast, here is what I am getting sitting right next to it. using wifi on my ISP I get full speeds. 

Also, I have a problem where I cannot connect to call of duty. I am always getting error codes when I try Ethernet it wifi. 

when I use Ethernet or wifi with my ISP modem I have no issues at all. 

Not sure what’s happening this router is only a few months old and it’s been very frustrating. 

0962CDD6-603C-4EED-900A-CD42A0ABB361.thumb.png.b172e9717f6e71a5ef2739e9a8443eb6.png

As i promise I’d reply on this situation though it may be a fix to your gaming issue or not im not sure but it’s sure a try though.

As you see the geo fliter thing as you see the map of the world you could put your location in pin then you might want to like sacrifice to make the range in a very long range though. So you can connect to your servers in COD game. (Or in any game though)

and maybe try the QoS thing tweak it to your spec though (it’s trail and error thing so adjust the speed thing bar on the top though and maybe a fix on your net speed though but im not promising that it will be your fix though but it sure be fun to tweak the settings though while you use the speed test in every setting that you have tweaked though)

have fun tweaking settings though Dip3hittyo.

• Administrators

Have a look at this guide for speeds: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maximum-bandwidth-speeds

Also try these suggestions for WiFi:

1. Disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  2. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  3. Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  4. Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  5. Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  6. Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

If you could provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page we can have a look at why you may be getting errors.