Suggested QOS function - Auto set Network Speed timer.

Hi team,

Due to issues with some ISP providers, that they do not provide consistent internet speed.

e.g using 4G or 5G networks or congested ISP DSL/fiber users in a single location or maybe some using satellite net

I am proposing this function inside QOS Network speed which is called Autoset NetSpeed

(I tried to design this function so it looks more clear to understand the thoughts I am concerned about.)

Objectives

1. The Main Objective of this function is to use a timer to automatically do the speed test and set the Network speed.

2. By default, the AutoSet could be programmed every 3 or 5 hrs in between.

3. Ease of mind to not manually Update/Set the download and upload speed every time there is slowness in ISP

Kindly check the screenshot I tried to edit below to see what I meant for this one.

I hope this function can be considered soon in the next updates of Netduma OS as it is very helpful for us not to set download and upload speed every time.

Thank you.

netduma autoset network speed-1.png

netduma autoset network speed-2.png

netduma autoset network speed-3.png

Thanks for visualising and suggesting this, we really appreciate it. I think it's been suggested previously, but your detail and graphics here are really helpful. I like the idea, let me go ahead and add it to the roadmap so the team can see it and consider it for future!

Thanks, Liam,

Just In case I think of something else we can provide to improve the User Experience (UX) I will post again since all we wanted is to have a device that plug-it and let it work

Also, Can we request to add these VPNs in the VPN Application Section or work-from-home QOS list of VPNs as most of us are working from home and using these VPNs to access office-related networks so we can prioritize work over gaming especially during weekdays.

1.      AnyConnect. by Cisco

2.      FortiClient. by Fortinet

3.      Pulse Secure

4.      Ivanti Connect Secure

5.      GlobalProtect

6.      Citrix Gateway

7.      NetMotion.

8.      Zscaler

image.thumb.png.edeea0735f6f6168ef32c82bdaaebdd3.png

I hope this makes Sense

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Like Jeofel said on his 2nd post we all wanted to have it just automatically Plug and play on the any Internet connection that we got in a different location though but if this was implemented this could be fun and tweaking in a lot of ways. Cause of differnet internet speeds  that we all had this could be a great addition to it’s functionality.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, T-sun said:

Like Jeofel said on his 2nd post we all wanted to have it just automatically Plug and play on the any Internet connection that we got in a different location though but if this was implemented this could be fun and tweaking in a lot of ways. Cause of differnet internet speeds  that we all had this could be a great addition to it’s functionality.

We're working on Smart QoS at the moment so it's very likely this will be apart of it in the future

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
53 minutes ago, Jeofel08 said:

@Netduma Fraser Are you referring to Smart QoS Ping Optimiser in R2 beta?

May I know if it does automatically change bandwidth speed as well like the one I proposed?

Yes that's correct, no but it does ensure your applications/services get the bandwidth they need without impacting other devices