XR1000 Can't Obtain an IP address

I just updated to the xb8 modem from Xfinity from the xb7. I had no issues setting things with the xb7, even though initial it didn't grab the isp info during the setup, somehow it went through. 

With the xb8, i've factory reset the modem several times and the xr1000 i've maybe factory reset 20 times now and it doesn't catch the ip address. I get 0.0.0.0 on the dashboard. The modem itself works. I've tested it and all is good on that end. 

Anyone run into something weird like this? I'm might exchange the modem to see if it's a random glitch. Otherwise, I'll likely need to return the router as I can't make any sense of this. 

Have you tried asking xfinity? I understand that they can only help you with the modem but they are the ones that you tell to put the xb8 into BRIDGE MODE . 

the xb8 is a router/ modem combo unit so xfinity customer support can do it for you. This way the xb8 will only function as a modem and leave all the routing to your DumaOS xr1000

or try it yourself 

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/internet/answered-how-to-turn-bridge-mode-on-and-off-on-xfinity-modem/602da777c5375f08cdea45c1

1 hour ago, crunkjuice1 said:

Have you tried asking xfinity? I understand that they can only help you with the modem but they are the ones that you tell to put the xb8 into BRIDGE MODE . 

the xb8 is a router/ modem combo unit so xfinity customer support can do it for you. This way the xb8 will only function as a modem and leave all the routing to your DumaOS xr1000

or try it yourself 

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/internet/answered-how-to-turn-bridge-mode-on-and-off-on-xfinity-modem/602da777c5375f08cdea45c1

I've put it into bridge mode myself. It's a basic toggle in the modem dashboard. It just doesn't talk to the xr1000 after that. And again, the previous modem I didn't have any issues with. Put it into bridge mode, connected the router, everything worked. And this is all within the last 2 weeks. I ordered the xr1000 on 2/14/23. Ran without issues until I was told I could upgrade the modem to increase upload speeds. And now i'm stuck. 

6 hours ago, Raw_ said:

I've put it into bridge mode myself. It's a basic toggle in the modem dashboard. It just doesn't talk to the xr1000 after that. And again, the previous modem I didn't have any issues with. Put it into bridge mode, connected the router, everything worked. And this is all within the last 2 weeks. I ordered the xr1000 on 2/14/23. Ran without issues until I was told I could upgrade the modem to increase upload speeds. And now i'm stuck. 

Welcome to the forum!

After setting up the XR1000 and putting the XB8 into modem/bridge mode, please reboot the XR1000 and see if it gets a WAN IP after that. If not, can you go to the WAN Settings on the XR1000 and double check that it's not got any Static IP or anything set there.

I finally got it working. I put the XB8 into bridge mode and confirmed that I was getting internet directly connected via ethernet to the xb8 in bridge mode. I connected the XR1000 after that and the XR was still not speaking with the modem. I then unplugged the XB8 and kept it unplugged for about 10 minutes. I powered the XB8 back on, keeping the XR1000 still plugged in. I waited maybe another 5 minutes, they still did not speak to each other. Then I powered off the XR1000, unplugged it for a minute or two. Plugged back in and then finally got the white internet light.