Support Document Not Right

TheJam

Hi,

Just a small issue which will hopefully help others. I noticed in this support doc (https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat) under the Geo Filter section, the steps don’t work for Call of Duty. 

I did some testing last night and it seems it pings all the servers when first signing into the COD services before the main screen before deciding on a few to prioritise. If you enable Geo Filter after then, which is what the docs suggest, you get stuck with matchmaking blocking the servers which it seems to prioritise when logging in. 

If you do it before it does the initial signing into their services, before it gets to the main screen, then it does work.

Might not be obvious to others following the docs to troubleshoot any NAT issues with the Geo Filter. Seeing as COD is probably one of the most popular games to use this for, it might be worth highlighting that. 

I think it’s still valid as it is genuinely causing an issue with my NAT, it can cause it to be strict with Geo Filter on and I can’t access party chat anymore on Xbox. If I follow the steps then it works so I think it’s still valid. With a single console is fine but if 2 consoles are on at the same time with UPnP then it causes a lot of issues - even with joining games. 

Wondering if there’s a server that needs whitelisted or some other issue there? 

It never used to be an issue until fairly recently. 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, TheJam said:

I think it’s still valid as it is genuinely causing an issue with my NAT, it can cause it to be strict with Geo Filter on and I can’t access party chat anymore on Xbox. If I follow the steps then it works so I think it’s still valid. With a single console is fine but if 2 consoles are on at the same time with UPnP then it causes a lot of issues - even with joining games. 

Wondering if there’s a server that needs whitelisted or some other issue there? 

It never used to be an issue until fairly recently. 

Is that with the update we did yesterday and having added friends to the allow list?

Yeah, it worked with one console ok but when you have 2, both end up with NAT issues with UPnP with GeoFilter on. As soon as one toggles off it gets Open, the other stays on Strict, when you turn off the other it becomes Open again. 

It says it can’t resolve a Toredo IP Address with it on so seems like something gets blocked. 

I meant to update the other thread but was up quite late testing it and just got back on here when I had a break at work. I’ll update the other thread I started with what I’ve written above so I don’t side track the original issue in this thread.