A few Questions before I purchase this product.

pinkfloyd

Hey guys I have a few questions about this product, hopefully someone can help me out.

So I am an avid BF4 player, I do not play COD games at all, I pretty much play other games too but are mostly single player only.

This is my set up at home.

ISP: TWC 300 down 20 up.

Modem:Motorola SB6183

Router: ASUS RT-AC87R

I have 2 ps4's, 2 ps3's, 1 gmaing desktop, 1 gaming laptop and about 10 other wifi devices.

So as you can see I have a gaming family here, I am pretty much the only one that plays bf4 online, other family members play other games that are online too but not as demanding as BF4. 

Now I want to admit that I bought the l*gb*ster about 3 years ago and it really never worked for me, I have a nice $200.00 coffee coaster :).

I would like to ask you guys how this router works with BF4 for pc and ps4. Also how good is it as a router compared to my AC87R, how is the wifi range.

Also is there a way to hook this up to my setup, I would like to keep using the AC87R because it has great wifi range and its a pretty good router. 

I would only get this netduma router just for gaming and also it will only have hardwired devices will not use the wifi aspects of it. 

So if any BF4 players on here that are using this router, how good is it working for you guys, how is that GEO Filter, does it actually work?

If you are a BF$ player then you know the issues with OOR players, that is way I am asking about the GEO Filter.

I am very suspicious of this product, I mean I have seen reviews and have chat with a person who has one, but he only plays COD games. That is why I would like to know from players that use this product for bf4 and how good does it really work. 

I dont want another coffee coaster you know.  ;)

Also how good is there support, can you call them or is it just email support?

Well thanks for all your help guys. 

• Netduma Staff

You can definitely set it up with your previous router. If you want to take advantage of the good wifi from the AC87R but also get all the good features of the Netduma you can put the AC87R in bridge mode when connected to the Netduma.

I'm not sure if it works with BF4 on PC - others I'm sure have tried it though :)

And all support is done here on the forums, so if you have any problems once bought, make a thread and you will be helped. The support is very very good btw :)

• Administrators

Hey Pink, BF4 utilises Battlelog in which case you can choose your own servers right? In which case I'm not sure if the Geo-filter would be much use as you can choose your own servers anyway. Our congestion control and device prioritisation would be really good for you considering the amount of gamers in your household so would ensure you guys don't make each other lag if thats an issue you have. 

The wifi is quite strong but your other router may be stronger in which case you could do as Crossy says above. 

Again as you can pick your own BF4 servers you should be able to choose a server in your country, fairly close to you as it is.

Our support is done on this forum, we also have a comprehensive wiki with loads of answers on there for issues you may have. I'm an actual employee of the company and am on here every day. Crossy and Zennon are our community admins who are very knowledgeable as well and can help with almost all issues, as a whole though our entire community pitches in and will help you. We're all very friendly and supportive here :)

Thanks for the reply. on PC yes you can pick usa servers, but how about bf4 on the PS4. On the ps4 you can pick your region, for me its the US west since I am in Los Angeles. 

Also will the netduma router slow my speeds down, I know you guys are coming out with a udate for higher speeds, but even then will it effect my speeds. My isp provides me with 300 down and 20 up, with my ac87r router I have a increase of 354 down 30 up, thats why I am asking.

Hopefully some BF4 players will get on here and let me know how it works for them.

• Administrators

It should work just fine with BF4 on PS4 though I don't have it so can't personally say. 

At the moment it will slow it but after the update it will easily be able to support your speeds. Thats very strange not sure why that is happening but you will at least get what you get from your ISP hub. 

Archived