Moved house and can't use my netduma HELP.

dalehoggan

Hi 

I've moved house 3 weeks ago and don't know what to do with my netduma.

In old house it was perfect, I had BT Infinity and my netduma was ethernet plugged into the homehub 5 on my desk next to Xbox ONE and PC, perfect.

In my new house I have 4mbps internet speed and that's it, the homehub 5 is now downstairs and the other end of the house. So purchased a Netgear booster to help push the terrible signal into my office and play room upstairs.

My question is how can I even use my netduma now.

1. Can I plug it into my homehub 5 downstairs and and use it over wifi as ethernet cables will never reach that far (big house with thick stone walls).

2. Can I plug the netduma into the Netgear wifi booster upstairs as that has an ethernet port I think.

3. Do I even need to use it through the homehub 5, but I would still have to use the Xbox ONE over wifi with the netduma which I can only imagine is terrible.

4. Sell the netduma as none of that will work.

Can't get any better than 5mbps download max as my location restricts that. BT have said get get Infinity as too far away from the exchange.

Please help as I love the netduma and would be a shame to never use it again, and Black Ops 3 beta is around the corner.

Thank you.

• Administrators

Hey Dale, welcome to the forum! You'll need to plug it into the homehub, from there I would do as the others have said and get some powerline adapters. So you can have wired connections on the other side of you home. You could then use your wifi booster as well to boost the wifi signal. Then it should run as normal :)

Thank you for the replies.

So If I plug my netduma into the homehub 5 as normal downstairs. Then plug the Xbox for eg into the Netgear power wifi thingy in my office that should work. I'm just worried my terrible download speed over wifi from the netduma will still ruining any online gaming experience as the wifi will be jumping up and down.

And I can remember I couldn't use the wifi on the netduma in my old house as I kept losing the wifi signal on mobile devices which really drove my wife nuts, so I could only use the wifi through the homehub 5 instead to cure that.

• Administrators

I would always recommend using wired for gaming so it sounds like a power line adapter would be the best course of action for your home. The wifi issue can be resolved by unticking wifi workaround in settings > miscellaneous. 

• Administrators

I've done everything suggested above, but now I can't access the control panel through 192.168.88.1 it just keeps saying timed out.

Just describe your setup quickly so we can identify if there is any issues there. Can you access it by going to http://R1also is there internet or just can't access the control panel?

http://R1just says not available.

I have the BT Homehub 5 downstairs with the Netduma and Netgear Powerline plugged into the homehub, I get internet everywhere, I have the Xbox ONE wired into the second Netgear Powerline in my office upstairs. Again my Xbox and PC upstairs get internet, as I'm using my PC now to reply to this. It just won't let me log into the Netduma control panel.

• Administrators

Okay can you follow this guide please http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=can_t_access_the_router_home_pagewhich should help. My initial response would be to double check you're actually connected to the R1 itself, but this guide will help if you are/aren't :)

• Administrators

Yes it should be, if its not plugged into the R1 and you're devices are connected to the powerline then you will be getting the internet from the hub and not the R1 in which case thats why you can't connect to the R1 control panel. If you're getting wireless from the powerline from the R1 you may need to turn it back on.

Netgear powerline plugged into the R1 and still can't get into the control panel.

I might have to get the laptop and plug into the R1 and see if I can get in that way and turn the wifi on to see if the PC will pick it up.

Archived