suggestion : easy way to add exception to geofilter for people in party.

- make sure to allow All party communication on PS4 is RTP (UDP port 9307-9308) regardless of geofilter so people can join Party/chat.

- maybe a more generic way to identify RTP traffic can be used.

- make this traffic appears on the geomap with a chat icons : this will make your friend easily identifiable 

icon can be a stylised headset icon.

- then we could just select the chat icon and add them to the trusted/allowed list.

option : with deep packet inspection we could even lookup the gamertag as it appears in the initial data (bytes 42-67)

PS: this may not work for in game chat as protocol is game dependant.

option : with deep packet inspection we could even lookup the gamertag as it appears in the initial data (bytes 42-67)

PS: this may not work for in game chat as protocol is game dependant.

that would be HUGE!

someone needs to give Iain a memo about this, we NEED this in the next firmware!

(eg when clicking on the circle in the woldmap the gamertag is shown next to the ID, i dont think showing the gamertag next to the circle on the woldmap is a good idea in terms of visibility)

• Administrators

that would be HUGE!

someone needs to give Iain a memo about this, we NEED this in the next firmware!

(eg when clicking on the circle in the woldmap the gamertag is shown next to the ID, i dont think showing the gamertag next to the circle on the woldmap is a good idea in terms of visibility)

I don't think this would be put in just because of the potential for misuse really. 

so where we have to put those code

That would be on our end, you don't need to do anything :)

what potential misuse could be there?

when i play a 16 player CoD game and theres this one douche called "Quickscope360" who betrays me non stop it would be nice to be able to block him in the geo-filter

as of now i see 15 circles and have no clue on who of those is "Quickscope360"

same for that one player called "LaggyLewis" that is the only one in the game that skips around non stop, shall i block all 15 circles now just to be sure that one douche is taken care off?

compromis:

only show the first and last letter of a gamertag, the rest is hidden by *****

eg "LaggyLewis" would be shown as "L********s" or "Quickscope360" as "Q***********0"

this doesnt allow you to tell who is who before the lobby is fully created, keeps privacy of each player a secret, but still gives you enough info to pinpoint block a player when the game is running and you see each others name

the technique i gave to get the gamertag from RTP is valid only for people whom you are on party with (PSN party chat or XBL equivalent)

you can't use it to check the gamertag of someone from game traffic. just people who are in Party chat with you thru the console system.

it was just meant to be a  way to easily whitelist friends or know ppl on party with you (friend of friends)

• Administrators

the technique i gave to get the gamertag from RTP is valid only for people whom you are on party with (PSN party chat or XBL equivalent)

you can't use it to check the gamertag of someone from game traffic. just people who are in Party chat with you thru the console system.

it was just meant to be a  way to easily whitelist friends or know ppl on party with you (friend of friends)

Ahh in that case thats brilliant, I'm sure we could implement that :)

That is a great idea.  These are the kinds of features that would set Netduma further apart from the rest, as if it wasn't exiting the universe in comparison to other gaming routers at its current state!

Archived