Calling all Destiny Players!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I know R3m!x its not worth playing, I have tried all the setups offered by the Duma clan but as you can see no luck. Im going to try playing tonight bypassing the R1 and see what happens

When are you available to have the 1 on 1? Sorry we haven't managed to get it done yet

I’m observing the resembling problem as Spartanogc.

I have the separate internet line 100/100 using exclusively for video games. Ping is up to 8.8.8.8 is not exceed 3 ms, and there is no loss of packages (NetDuma built in test). I’ve configured router according to recommendations in wiki, but I can’t play in the most of lobbies, because I play with fare-located players or players with bad internet. Ping with the most of players is over 60 ms, and very often the huge jitter occurs (40-100 ms). At the same time frequently, there are no players from my location in the lobby, even I start matchmaking in same time with my near located friends. At the time of game with my location players ping is not exceed 15 ms, and jitter is not exceed 3 ms. During the strict mode activation, I always receive error code and I am thrown out to orbit immediately.

I’ve used bottleneck method proposed by R3M!X, but it wasn’t help.

I’ve tested router in COD AW and it is working flawlessly, in general games had ping approximately 40 ms, and jitter was minimal. It seems I fell within dedicated server with the distance 2012 km from me, conceivable in Germany (in most of games).

I understand, that Destiny has a specific matchmaking without taking into account quality of players connection and their location. Is any chance to fix this disadvantage of the game?

Anyway, I consider R1 is excellent product and I wish good luck, progress and development to your start-up.

Hi Fraser,

I play with wiki recommendations for fast search and I unticket strict mod.

But with unticketed strict mode no difference between gaming with R1 and without (I play without router)

• Administrators

So how did the update turn out? Curios because I'm setting up my Netduma today.

Awesome to hear that! It's pretty pretty positive, when you receive the router go through this guide http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netdumathere are destiny settings towards the end. Also go to settings > miscellaneous and tick both auto and bleeding edge cloud and then apply :)

Hey!

I have compared connection quality in Destiny with direct internet connection (without any router) and through R1 during several days. I have also used R3M!X advice. Definitely R1 helps to decrease lags in Destiny, but it helps not so good as in CoD. I hope that guys from NetDuma Team will find time to carry router work in Destiny to work level in CoD.

Hey!

I have compared connection quality in Destiny with direct internet connection (without any router) and through R1 during several days. I have also used R3M!X advice. Definitely R1 helps to decrease lags in Destiny, but it helps not so good as in CoD. I hope that guys from NetDuma Team will find time to carry router work in Destiny to work level in CoD.

Thats what I'm saying. Put more time for destiny. Seems like its more favored to COD IMO.

In my experience, Destiny is a lot more susceptible to one player in the game having a terrible connection and ruining the experience for a lot of the rest of the players in that game.

Case in point -- last night I was running some Iron Banner with some friends. We would go from destroying other teams 20k > 8k to being destroyed 8k < 20k. I got a PSN message from one guy partway through a match after landing some sick sniper headshots telling me he's reported my team for using lag switches. (?!?) I have been playing with all 5 of the other guys almost every day for a good 8 months now, and I know for a fact that A) none of them would even know how to use a lagswitch if they knew how to make or get ahold of one and B) none of them are big enough douches to do it even if they did. 

Iron Banner seems to be especially bad for lag, because everybody comes out of the woodwork to play PvP including people barely able to connect to the Internet let alone do so with decently low amounts of latency to the rest of the world. That and the 6v6 gametypes give you 11 chances at another player having a bad connection and making the match miserable. 

• Administrators

In my experience, Destiny is a lot more susceptible to one player in the game having a terrible connection and ruining the experience for a lot of the rest of the players in that game.

Case in point -- last night I was running some Iron Banner with some friends. We would go from destroying other teams 20k > 8k to being destroyed 8k none of them are big enough douches to do it even if they did. 

Iron Banner seems to be especially bad for lag, because everybody comes out of the woodwork to play PvP including people barely able to connect to the Internet let alone do so with decently low amounts of latency to the rest of the world. That and the 6v6 gametypes give you 11 chances at another player having a bad connection and making the match miserable. 

I would be inclined to agree with this, they use P2P and dedis so even if you block a far away player they still may sneak through by going through a dedi that you can connect to, so whilst we do everything we can to get you a great game, sometimes those with a terrible connection can sneak in.