Device problems

lKoNviiCt

• Netduma Staff

If another device has that IP then the device with two IPs isn't using the duplicate one. You don't need to factory reset - a reboot should fix it but I don't think it should cause an issue. Can all your devices access the internet?

Yebs just take those 2 devices and use internet on them at this same time and see if you can do it even though its say not connected on duma interface.

• Netduma Staff

now showing up 3 ip on one device ill give up now with this

Ok. As I said before, I wouldn't worry if it is showing more than one IP. If you're concerned about it you could take a screen shot and post it here.

Is your device now connecting properly?

on device manager keep pop up two ip on one device. plz help

I think you have a case of one of your device having a Static IP address fixed on your device.

Let's assume the first device is a PS4. On the PS4, you made a Static IP address of 192.168.88.201.

On the second device, which I assume to be your PC, you did not have any Static IP addresses.

So first, you have not turned on the PS4 so it is not connected to the Netduma, the Netduma's DHCP server will give away the IP address of 192.168.88.201 to your PC that connected to the router first.

But then, you turn on your PS4 and it also has the same IP address. Thus, the conflict happens.

My above scenario is the usual case that you might be experiencing.

The Netduma's DHCP server starts at 192.168.88.201 and ends at 192.168.88.250

So I would highly suggest you either ....

1) Make a Static IP address on your PS4 or PC so that it is not in the DHCP server range like 192.168.88.2 all the way to 192.168.88.200. Thus, there will be no chances of a conflict of IP addresses.

2) Go to Settings -> Lan -> Look under DHCP and completely change the DHCP server range from the default . So I would suggest 192.168.88.101 to 192.168.88.200. (This option is better if you do not want to mess with your PC or PS4 connection settings or do not know which device has the Static IP address that caused this problem)

I think you have a case of one of your device having a Static IP address fixed on your device.

Let's assume the first device is a PS4. On the PS4, you made a Static IP address of 192.168.88.201.

On the second device, which I assume to be your PC, you did not have any Static IP addresses.

So first, you have not turned on the PS4 so it is not connected to the Netduma, the Netduma's DHCP server will give away the IP address of 192.168.88.201 to your PC that connected to the router first.

But then, you turn on your PS4 and it also has the same IP address. Thus, the conflict happens.

My above scenario is the usual case that you might be experiencing.

The Netduma's DHCP server starts at 192.168.88.201 and ends at 192.168.88.250

So I would highly suggest you either ....

1) Make a Static IP address on your PS4 or PC so that it is not in the DHCP server range like 192.168.88.2 all the way to 192.168.88.200. Thus, there will be no chances of a conflict of IP addresses.

2) Go to Settings -> Lan -> Look under DHCP and completely change the DHCP server range from the default . So I would suggest 192.168.88.101 to 192.168.88.200. (This option is better if you do not want to mess with your PC or PS4 connection settings or do not know which device has the Static IP address that caused this problem)

thank you for that.But i do not own an ps4 only xbox one. now showing up 1 ip on every device. I just roboot netduma and everything good  :D 

• Netduma Staff

thank you for that.But i do not own an ps4 only xbox one. now showing up 1 ip on every device. I just roboot netduma and everything good  :D 

Awesome! As this is sorted I'll close the thread - if you have any more problem make a new one :)

Archived