Connections Update/Experience

lukasz

Guest Netduma_Iain

Lukaz were you pinging the host? What were you getting. I got the game last night and was playing on xb1 and the pings were like 20ms for me all night. Since were in the same location I'm surprised were not experiencing the same thing. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lukaz were you pinging the host? What were you getting. I got the game last night and was playing on xb1 and the pings were like 20ms for me all night. Since were in the same location I'm surprised were not experiencing the same thing. 

Virgin cable which is known for bad latency.

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/f/4319512-vm-for-gaming.html?page=5

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/virgin_cable/f/4246202-bad-ping-disconnect8203s-since-march-and-the-runaround.html?vc=1

A couple of many threads on this widely used broadband site i am a member of.

I have found even with the Duma Advanced warfare plays terrible at times,The Duma is great and im really happy with my purchase but it cant fix bad code.  im on Ps4 also, i just think Advanced warfare is broken, it has never played right from its release.

if i thought it was better on Xbox one id consider selling the Ps4 version and getting it on Xbox one.  I definitely get better games with the netduma but i still see myself like half a second behind at times, could be lag com or some other BS i really dont know.

at first few games i got the pulsing circles again so i restarted the router and then pinged hos it woes range from 0 to 40 stil didn't matters sometimes i have better  games on 60 + ping sometimes is better then when i connect to dedicated serv in 0 km distance form me and the ping is 10-20 yet still laggy don't know router is grate i guess i  am the unfortunate one who is not ale to use it to the full

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Zennon I'm on virgin as well, but good point we should pay attention to the ping.

I'm a noob at the game so maybe I'm not noticing it. But it was playing extremely smooth for me. I think I know what you guys are getting at, are you talking about people killing you round a wall or something? 

If so, that is not the game sucking(in my opinion) thats just the guy who killed you had a very bad ping. If you and him have a face off I suspect you'll win every-time because you have the better connection. But when he kills you round the wall it looks like BS on your screen but the BS that guy is experiencing will be 10x worse. He would have shot you so long ago, it just takes a long time for you to register the hits from him(because his ping is high). 

Anyway just my two cents nothing to do with Netduma. I did make a post on lag paradoxes, but in those scenario if the game didn't give that player the kill it would be extremely UNFAIR for him to the point of being completely unplayable. Again this particular post is just my opinion and I fully admit I'm a cod noob, its my view from a networking perspective. 

To add to what Iain has said, I've yet to play a game where any sort of kill cam is at all reliable either. So don't place too much stock in what a kill cam shows you as having happened.

yeah the killcam is runreliable, i do find bullets following me around corners at times but again its BS from the game.  I met a guy in a lobby a few days ago and i swear every time he met me he was definitely seeing me before i was seeing him, on one occasion i could tell he was coming and even prefired yet he still got me and i didnt register a single bullet, it was like he had 300 milli second advantage, obviously i cant prove that and people could say he was just better but i know myself that something was wrong connection wise.  I never had issues with previous Call of duties but Advanced warfare has been the worst Cod by a long way connection wise.  I never attributed as many deaths to connection on any previous games. 

Yeah the game rewinds time for the player with a higher ping so you made it past the corner on your screen but the player who is in rewind caught you before you made it.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok I need to leave it after this, but for example in our geo-filter release video: http://youtu.be/mVuDpwRSOug?t=1m7s

We purposefully did NOT choose another clip. You'll notice when I die at the start I'm shot round the wall. So although its a 10ms host, so one of the best in the world I still get shot round a wall. Why?

Well think about it from the other players perspective. He probably had a bad ping so he would have shot me way before I was round the wall it just took a while for my xbox to get notified. When I'm playing yes that frustrates me BUT if I'm being fair he should have killed me. He was in the right position, he clearly unless he's an idiot had time to shoot me before I got round the wall. I may have got round the wall on my screen but in reality I should have died before that even happened. So its like a delayed consequence if that makes sense. Anyway my point is I think I should have died in that situation, do you agree? 

Hi Zennon I'm on virgin as well, but good point we should pay attention to the ping.

I'm a noob at the game so maybe I'm not noticing it. But it was playing extremely smooth for me. I think I know what you guys are getting at, are you talking about people killing you round a wall or something? 

If so, that is not the game sucking(in my opinion) thats just the guy who killed you had a very bad ping. If you and him have a face off I suspect you'll win every-time because you have the better connection. But when he kills you round the wall it looks like BS on your screen but the BS that guy is experiencing will be 10x worse. He would have shot you so long ago, it just takes a long time for you to register the hits from him(because his ping is high). 

Anyway just my two cents nothing to do with Netduma. I did make a post on lag paradoxes, but in those scenario if the game didn't give that player the kill it would be extremely UNFAIR for him to the point of being completely unplayable. Again this particular post is just my opinion and I fully admit I'm a cod noob, its my view from a networking perspective. 

i dont ment geting shoot behind the cornenr i agrre whit this when i say laggin i meen when i get to biger gun fights over cap point it just like for few seconds is like having to play a game with godd graficks on old pc if you know what i meen and the situations when i go face to face whit a guy he sprints and me i have a quick draw grip asm1 and i die instanlty have no time to reackt

Guest Netduma_Iain

Not sure mate sorry, all I can speak of is my experience as noob. Problem with lag is its very very subjective. One mans lag is another mans dream connection, ask our friends in Hawaii and New Zealand. 

I saw TwoNipplesOneHair complaining about 8ms lol! the other day, people in NYC can get insane latency it seems. 

Yes Iain you have to take the ruff with the smooth Cod is running on a really old engine , the duma has made it so i connect to near by hosts which has made the games much more fun , if you die move on and grit down and win the match.

lucasz sounds like a framerate issue to much going on on screen at once so your frame rate is going really low.

Yes Iain you have to take the ruff with the smooth Cod is running on a really old engine , the duma has made it so i connect to near by hosts which has made the games much more fun , if you die move on and grit down and win the match.

lucasz sounds like a framerate issue to much going on on screen at once so your frame rate is going really low.

YES

bot i play on tv brand new form sony

YES

bot i play on tv brand new form sony

Your frame rate is not related to your TV. However your input latency may well be (very different things). It would be worth putting your TV into game mode if possible for playing games

Your frame rate is not related to your TV. However your input latency may well be (very different things). It would be worth putting your TV into game mode if possible for playing games

ybes i do that hehehe about this frames can that be something i can fix?

The frame rate on the ps4 not the tv

The new Sonys are great tvs to play on, the lowest input lag there is at the mo which one did you get ?

i got this that people say its 6 or 9 ms  47 

Sony KDL-47W805A

Yes i use mine in game mode and then check all settings 2 were still on i disabled them and i went into advanced and disabled them also it is quick as hell, I feel at one with the pad for a change with the Sony .It feels more like the good old CRT days. :)

i got this that people say its 6 or 9 ms  47 

Sony KDL-47W805A

Found this on the TV, looks like it is a great TV for gaming once you have the settlings setup. Just enable Game picture scene and disable all picture processing and TV should be great for gaming.

Sony KDL-47W805A - Input Lag

One last performance element to test is input lag – a key factor for serious gamers. The Sony 55W905A delivered one of the lowest input lag figures we’ve seen on a TV, but we weren’t expecting similar heroics from the 47W805A due to its use of an LG passive 3D panel – panels we’ve often found to introduce quite lengthy delays between sources arriving at an input and them appearing on the screen. 

However, our concerns prove wholly unfounded, as remarkably the Sony KDL-47W805A produces even less image lag than the W9: a negligible 6ms so long as you choose the Game picture ‘scene’ in the Options menu and additionally turn off every other bit of picture processing you can find.

Yeah what bud says game mode, press options on the remote then the scene tab on screen, turn off all other processing on the game page and if the GUI is like mine on the KDL42W705B there is an advanced page right at the bottom of the first page click it then you will have to disable two more :)

Yeah what bud says game mode, turn off all other processing on the game page and if the GUI is like mine on the KDL42W705B there is an advanced page right at the bottom of the fist page click it then you will have to disable two more :)

i know taht and have aledy done that

Still could be. The game engine could still be dropping frames in busy environments / confrontations. If it is however there is nothing you can do on that end. 

However the digital foundry article on the game suggested it was pretty stable at 60 fps which would rule that out as well:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-face-off

Archived