I'm about to throw my Xr1000 out a window

Ok so I've had an XR1000 for 2 years now and was working pretty good, the past 3 weeks I've been plagued with absolute poopy speeds while plugged in or over wifi, with Duma os disabled or not doesn't have any changes, I'm paying for 1 gig downloads but don't even get 20mb. But if I connect to my cheap 40 buck linksys MR8300 i see speeds of 200mb or higher without a problem. So I'm extremely confused why the nighthawk is so slow. 

Oh here's a speed test results just showing the router is definitely receiving the right download and upload speeds

received_703512184842505.jpg

Edited by Dirty
Made photo show instead of a file

51 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you seeing slow speeds just when it comes to downloads on the console or do you see it when downloading on other devices or when doing a speedtest.net from a PC for example?

Speedtest.net gave me these results

Phone s20 (wifi only) 79.87mb nighthawk,  349mb linksys 

Laptop Nitro 5 (wifi only) 88.58mb down 52mb up nighthawk , 562.91 mb down 52 mb up linksys

Xbox series X wifi only speed test shows 124mb down 52mb up but in actual downloads it's max 17mb Nighthawk,  587mb down 52mb up actual download max was 387mb linksys

I reset the night hawk and only have the phone, laptop and xbox connected, qos is off when running this test and im about 5ft away from the night hawk, the linksys MR8300 (40 buck refurbished router) has 14 things connected and still manages to allocate bandwidth better than this nighthawk right now and it's on the other side of the house about 40ft away. I did Speed tests with only 1 router on at a time. 

• Administrators

That is likely the issue, not all devices are connected to the router and can pull bandwidth away from the XR. If you connect them all to the XR with the XR in the DMZ of your linksys I suspect you'll see higher speeds

The linksys is new less than 24 hours since received and kinda a bandaid to try and take some of the 40 devices usually connected as I troubleshoot. been experiencing problems for about 3 weeks now with the nighthawk it was doing fantastic for 2 years prior. And like I said the speedtests where taken while each router was off and unplugged from the modem so the only bandwidth the nighthawk should be seeing is from them 3 devices yet speeds are horrible. I'm almost thinking somethings gone bad internally since I've moved it 5 ft away it definitely makes some noise...

• Administrators

Disable QoS completely from the Congestion Control menu :menu then do a speedtest, do you notice an increase in speeds then? Are you using Armor at all? 

The only thing that has changed is the position of the router? Is it using the same cables used previously?

QoS was disabled for the speed tests with only 3 devices connected, phone xbox and laptop. No im not using armor.  when I moved the router i changed the wire from originally 4ft to about 30ft all the wires im using currently are cat8 and are about 2 weeks old, but there's been no difference in anything I've tried. Changed wifi channels, IP dynamic/static, IPv6 on/off  putting the Xbox in traffic controller nothing Is changing the extremely low speeds 

Ok I'm done here, this is useless. I seriously can't believe all your doing is circles, there's no change wired or not, yes the devices know it's plugged in, yes the wires are good I've tried multiple no change or worse speeds. I'm pretty sure these should be silent operation, the nighthawk makes awful noises while under any load, pretty sure a capacitor or something failed, the downloads just spike constantly and goes to 0mb every second no matter what I'm trying to download. It can't sustain any download speeds at all. There has to be a problem internally.