question about port forwarding

I've always been a fan of port forwarding...I'm sure its placebo but I feel like I register better hit markers in the FPS games I play...but is it better to put in ports each port separate and have like 14 ports for the games I play or can I just do like 88-27050 and put udp/tcp? when I do it both ways I get open nats on the games so I'm assuming it doesn't matter? but I mostly just curious.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, David824 said:

I've always been a fan of port forwarding...I'm sure its placebo but I feel like I register better hit markers in the FPS games I play...but is it better to put in ports each port separate and have like 14 ports for the games I play or can I just do like 88-27050 and put udp/tcp? when I do it both ways I get open nats on the games so I'm assuming it doesn't matter? but I mostly just curious.

You can absolutely do that if you wish to but the more ports you open the more you're exposed and the more it poses a security risk, so I would recommend not doing that but you can make fewer rules by forwarding some ports in between two values, for example, Warzone 2 uses these ports (among others):

27014-27050 TCP
27000-27031, 27036 UDP 

So instead of making 3 separate rules you could just do one: 27014 - 27050

Also you don't need to port forward port 80/88/443 and I would advise not to.

well the only reason I was finding so many is because I'm PS5 and they were saying you need like 88 443 and some others for sounds and chat? but I mostly play COD...fortnite and warzone...

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can absolutely do that if you wish to but the more ports you open the more you're exposed and the more it poses a security risk, so I would recommend not doing that but you can make fewer rules by forwarding some ports in between two values, for example, Warzone 2 uses these ports (among others):

27014-27050 TCP
27000-27031, 27036 UDP 

So instead of making 3 separate rules you could just do one: 27014 - 27050

Also you don't need to port forward port 80/88/443 and I would advise not to.

oh ok....well I'll just got back through the list of the 3 games and just put them in and keep it basic then...thanks a lot!