XR1000 - How Can I Limit/Control The Upload Speeds From 1 Computer?

Hello All,

To provide a little more detail as to why I want to limit my upload on 1 device it is because my total upload speed is roughly 30mbps.

I upload videos of large size to Youtube quite often which essentially has no limit. So during the upload the entire network bogs down almost to a complete halt which then upsets everyone else in the household and for good reason.

Currently the only resolution was to disable "Upload Share Excess" which completely resolve the problem EXCEPT that it limits my computers upload to roughly 11mbps (this is with Congestion Control Upload Set To 100%). Which isn't the end of the world. But I would really like to give my machine 15-20mbps on upload so my videos make it to Youtube in a timely manner.

Bandwidth Allocation does not change anything in regards to my upload speed, and download is not a concern.

Is there any potential solutions to my problem with this device?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

QOS Settings.png

Network Monitor Example.png

• MarkusGGEZ changed the title to XR1000 - How Can I Limit/Control The Upload Speeds From 1 Computer?
  • Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This is exactly what Congestion Control was designed to prevent - devices being able to saturate the network and impact other devices so the best way to combat this is to reduce the Congestion Control slider for Upload to say 70%, see if that improves it for you.

There isn't a way to currently limit one device without limiting other devices at the same time but it has been suggested before so it's possible that will be implemented in the future.