Advanced Warfare Ranked playlist

Codester

So I was playing ranked today and I was booted from the game twice after almost winning a SnD game. I knew this was a problem in Bo2 and not sure if they can actually fix it but I know this router has DDOS prevention capabilities. Other than a VPN, is there any other features that could help stop this?

Guest Netduma Luke

So I was playing ranked today and I was booted from the game twice after almost winning a SnD game. I knew this was a problem in Bo2 and not sure if they can actually fix it but I know this router has DDOS prevention capabilities. Other than a VPN, is there any other features that could help stop this?

If you're playing pubs, enabling a VPN would be your best option. Are you sure you were DDoSsed? Was every device in your house effected?

It may just have been XBL issues.

I'm not the expert on this but a VPN is likely your only option and even though it helps its not 100%.

Now that duma is here, hopefully they can partner with a VPN provider and provide additional benefits over traditional VPN's but still leave you the options of choosing your own.

I couldn't do anything for about 5 minutes. I eventually restarted the modem and both routers and after a couple minutes I was able to connect to the internet again. I called my ISP and they said to just ask for a new IP next time since others have called about the same thing before.

What about placing the geo-filter in the ocean? I saw that in a video but wasn't sure if that would help or not. I know I probably should get a VPN for ranked play. It's not a common issue but it happens I guess according to reddit. 

I would hate to HAVE to use a VPN since they do add a little latency and AW is already such a laggy game. 

I'm talking about Ranked in Advanced Warfare. I was booted twice from games during the last round of SnD. 

same thing, DDoS'ing is super easy with xbox...so if you want to be a ranked player and not be booted...6 times a day...VPN is the only answer.

damn, it's really that serious like wtf

it's sad to be honest.  You can easily get all the IP addresses of all the people in your lobby...booters are normally kids who can't win legit and want to be #1...just report them...

but honestly i only pub stomp or play GBs because of this exactly.

Yea I have many friends in the allow list. i'm in the Relapsed clan and have had to put over 30+ people in it already. One of them lives in Northwest territory in Canada so he always gets screwed over with lag. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Don't be so sure abc, the sea thing has worked for a few people. Basically you never connect to them in the first place.

EffinFancy sorry I was digressing. I only learnt recently that skype uses "SuperNodes". Basically if you have a good connection Skype can randomly decided you're a supernode and other peoples calls and videos go through your connection!! This is what I read I can't confirm it, but I thought it was interesting :)

I guess if I eventually get Google Fiber, I'll guarantee that they will make me a supernode. haha

Maybe the sea thing would work for something like GB where you use a private lobby. Ranked is still considered pubs as you can't control who you play with. 

no chat is p2p...geo-filter won't protect you...unplugging your mic doesn't protect you 100%...basically...Are you on XBL? welcome to the ability to be booted.

I've been booted so many times from Bo2 on 360 that I have this natural reaction to jump and unplug my modem power cord.  I just haven't experienced it on xb1 because i'm hearing it's a bit harder to pull IPs.

Don't be so sure abc, the sea thing has worked for a few people. Basically you never connect to them in the first place.

EffinFancy sorry I was digressing. I only learnt recently that skype uses "SuperNodes". Basically if you have a good connection Skype can randomly decided you're a supernode and other peoples calls and videos go through your connection!! This is what I read I can't confirm it, but I thought it was interesting :)

Makes me want to just never be on in game chat because I used to get booted often that I was seriously looking into getting a VPN.  RE: skype - If there's some truth to users being labeled as "supernodes," I feel that is violating some sort of consumer protection law or against the internet providers terms.  

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its encrypted so you can't see other peoples data. Please don't quote me on it its what I read you can google it yourself. Owned by Microsoft so I'm sure its legit.

We can test if you want Iain to see about pulling your IP with ocean, but i'd imagine unless you make a separate chat geo-filter.

Yes, Skype will steal your connection and let others use it I have proof from network usage...I then limited skypes connection and haven't had an issue since then

So I've been using a VPN for the last couple days and while playing ranked, I've had to switch servers or change IPs with them around 5 times now. And I contacted them and they told me the opponent was trying to flood my connection. They reported their IP to their provider with that information though which is nice. My java professor is a good friend after the last couple years of countless projects so he lets me use his service. Not sure what it is but it is incredible. haha

So I've been using a VPN for the last couple days and while playing ranked, I've had to switch servers or change IPs with them around 5 times now. And I contacted them and they told me the opponent was trying to flood my connection. They reported their IP to their provider with that information though which is nice. My java professor is a good friend after the last couple years of countless projects so he lets me use his service. Not sure what it is but it is incredible. haha

What division are you in? Sucks that they've tried to hit you off. People need to grow up.

Archived