Did Netgear go on holiday?

• Administrators

Once they have a firmware from us it goes through testing, then they may decide to make their own changes as well which can add to the delay, we're going to start pushing for updates to go out with just our changes so it is faster. We're already conducting a small beta test for the 500, the new year should see some more updates getting pushed out.

These routers are getting very old now the XR500 was released in 2018 roughly but its based on the hardware of the R7800  which was released in January 2016  and Netgear are probably concentrating on Wi-Fi 6E routers these days as well as maintaining old stock of Wi-Fi 6 draft routers like the RAX120 which itself is getting old as it was released in 2019, I would not expect any major updates to AC gaming routers in the future, apart from security patches until they reach EOL (end of life) in all honesty.

4 hours ago, Killhippie said:

These routers are getting very old now the XR500 was released in 2018 roughly but its based on the hardware of the R7800  which was released in January 2016  and Netgear are probably concentrating on Wi-Fi 6E routers these days as well as maintaining old stock of Wi-Fi 6 draft routers like the RAX120 which itself is getting old as it was released in 2019, I would not expect any major updates to AC gaming routers in the future, apart from security patches until they reach EOL (end of life) in all honesty.

I don't have a 500, I have a 700 and 1000. The 700 I just keep as an emergency backup.

Updates have been a lot slower that even I anticipated, and at this rate I suppose I could end up with a new router with the 700 put out to grass. I guess that's life. In fairness to Netduma most manufacturers don't update their old routers they just replace them with new ones. I actually wouldn't mind that. I would love Netduma to come out with a top-end router. I just get bored when nothing happens at all!