Game search

Scott91

Good morning. I use the xr1000 with DumaOS and also a netduma r2 to play mainly warzone. The big difference comes from the game search and I don't understand. With the XR1000 the search starts at 13 ms while with the netduma it starts at 53 ms. Why this difference? Thanks

• Administrators

So you change the DMZ each time you switch the router over? Do you connect all devices to each or are there devices still connected to the Livebox?

Both routers vary quite differently in hardware so settings that work for one may not necessarily work well for the other. It's best to experiment with each to find what works best.

Normally the Qos has no impact since I'm talking about the search from part to part not Ping in the part. For example, by disabling the Qos I have a value linked to my internet connection on the xr1000 but not on the r2

Yes, I have an isolated network. On the Livebox I have 2Gbits/s shared (1Gbits/LAN) so my home network and separated from my netuma. Under the same conditions with the xr1000 everything happens normally for party searches but not with the R2.

30 minutes ago, Scott91 said:

Yes, I have an isolated network. On the Livebox I have 2Gbits/s shared (1Gbits/LAN) so my home network and separated from my netuma. Under the same conditions with the xr1000 everything happens normally for party searches but not with the R2.

OK so both the XR1000 and R2 connect to the livebox? Presumably all other devices are connected to the XR while you're testing the R2? In that case, the XR ping starts lower because QoS has control of all devices. Whereas with the R2, it's traffic is getting mixed up with the traffic coming from the XR side of the network, meaning the R2s QoS can do anything about it. Apologies if I've misunderstood your configuration at all.

What I need to remember from my configuration is that I use only one router with DumaOS at a time, so the configuration is the same when using either r2 or xr1000. I did tests on my side and I even reset the r2. I finally found where it comes from, as soon as the Geo-filter is active the search for parts increases strongly in ms on the r2 while on the xr1000 it does not happen

1 hour ago, Scott91 said:

What I need to remember from my configuration is that I use only one router with DumaOS at a time, so the configuration is the same when using either r2 or xr1000. I did tests on my side and I even reset the r2. I finally found where it comes from, as soon as the Geo-filter is active the search for parts increases strongly in ms on the r2 while on the xr1000 it does not happen

That's interesting, can you send over a screenshot of how you have Geo-filter setup? Is it setup over your actual physical location or somewhere else?

47 minutes ago, Scott91 said:

Here is the result. In most cases I don't even have the allowed server and I don't have a visible server in auto Ping

Is that while you're actively playing a game? That server on the map is just an authentication server, you'd probably see this while you're on the menu screens/occasionally when you're in-game.

If you're actively playing a game, we should be seeing another icon for the server you're playing on.

• Administrators

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works better.