XR1000 Traffic Prioritisation - No longer works

Evening all,

Earlier today I noticed traffic prio for Duma os classified games stopped working. Tried a reboot a number of times, eventually gave in and factory reset the router. To my surprise it still doesn’t work. I factory reset once more but still the problem exists.

The router is on the latest firmware, and I’m using an Xbox series x.

The traffic prio has worked perfectly since I got the router some years ago so it seems strange it would suddenly stop working? I have created a separate rule under games console which appears to work. I did notice call of duty does not appear in the gaming application for Duma classified games. After some searching I see that it is in the uncategorised section? Surely all 125 games should be in the gaming category?

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks again 

• Administrators

We're working on DPI at the moment to make that more accurate, we've done that on the R2 and it's worked really well. We have a few things to resolve on that side but then once that is done we can look at doing that for the XR routers as well which will improve what you see on Network Monitor and the functioning on TP.

I'm assuming by not working that it's not showing that it's prioritizing anything at all? Have you recently changed the way the console is connected e.g. from WiFi to ethernet or vice versa? Does the Xbox have a different device type than it should on the Device Manager?

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that's correct, the 2 red lights aren't showing, and the packet counters remain at zero on the duma classified games. I've never changed the way the console is connected, I have to rely on WiFi all the time. Its always had a reserved ip on the router and the xbox itself. It's set to xbox on the device type in manager. 

Just can't fathom why it was working perfectly up until yesterday, although it may have stopped working up to a few days ago as I hadn't used the Web gui in that time.

4 hours ago, Jim21 said:

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that's correct, the 2 red lights aren't showing, and the packet counters remain at zero on the duma classified games. I've never changed the way the console is connected, I have to rely on WiFi all the time. Its always had a reserved ip on the router and the xbox itself. It's set to xbox on the device type in manager. 

Just can't fathom why it was working perfectly up until yesterday, although it may have stopped working up to a few days ago as I hadn't used the Web gui in that time.

Do you use Geo-filter? Is that still working? Are you still seeing icons on the map when playing? If not, that could be an indicator to our problem.

Hi Liam,

Yes I use geo filter. It appears to be working although when in game it doesn't always maintain the auto ping for the server I'm connected to. Not sure if that's normal? Icons do show up on the map though. I'm going to perform another reset later today, see if it makes any odds.