Netduma R2 slower speeds than I should be getting.

Xpoze

Now I know when connecting to the modem directly, I should get faster speeds because its the only device connected to the internet, but when connected via R2 i get about 30-40% less speeds. I also noticed that my ping more than doubles. Can I have some help fixing this?  The bottom speed screenshot is based on a factory reset from the Netduma.  Any time i direct connect and try to reconnect to the router (even after hard resetting modem) Im unable to do so without factory resetting. PS im on the latest firmware.

For example here is my speeds direct connected
1af9135db7f1e4a65139a66fadc38306.png
https://gyazo.com/1af9135db7f1e4a65139a66fadc38306

Here is with device connected to R2 
ce65af550df6d1bd45abf9414be14b51.png

Below is a picture of benchmark within the netduma software

7d977abca1bc315713bf8450b6772053.png

I also find myself having extremely slow/intermediate Wifi around my apartment.  Optimization of this would be really helpful.  I havent had much success with this router to date. (purchased about 3 years ago)

• Administrators

Is this with or without QoS being fully disabled? Is it a pure modem the R2 is connected to? 

For WiFi:

• Disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is this with or without QoS being fully disabled? Is it a pure modem the R2 is connected to? 

For WiFi:

• Disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

Will try this when I get home.  Will reply tomorrow. Thank you for your response