Issues with other games while Geo Filter is on and set up for CoD

Dyson350

Specifically Destiny 2, I would get kicked from activities while Geo Filter is on. The error was a network issue involving ports and the router I believe. The in game code was labelled as "Cabbage" But when I ping the heatmap using Destiny 2 there are available servers within the square I set up for CoD using Polygon Mode. I turned Geo Filter off to fix it, but its still annoying I need to do that all to get games to work.

8 hours ago, Dyson350 said:

Specifically Destiny 2, I would get kicked from activities while Geo Filter is on. The error was a network issue involving ports and the router I believe. The in game code was labelled as "Cabbage" But when I ping the heatmap using Destiny 2 there are available servers within the square I set up for CoD using Polygon Mode. I turned Geo Filter off to fix it, but its still annoying I need to do that all to get games to work.

When you get kicked, do you see any blocked icons appearing on the map? If so, do you still get kicked if you disable Auto-ping host from the three-line menu in Geo-filter, then click the blocked server and manually allow it?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

When you get kicked, do you see any blocked icons appearing on the map? If so, do you still get kicked if you disable Auto-ping host from the three-line menu in Geo-filter, then click the blocked server and manually allow it?

I was only getting booted from a single player mission so Ill have to test it. I got on now and looked at the map while in the Tower and on the Geo Filter map 2 icons popped up within the square but its player icons, not a server. I did allow a server outside of the parameter but the icon is one thats not on the legend. 

Update: Just tried an activity and got booted just the same. No blocked server icons appear, just blocked players. However there are accepted players within the square.

Screenshot_20221207_074511.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks for confirming. Just for Destiny, if you click the three-line menu in the top left of the map and disable Strict mode, do you still get booted?

Destiny is the only game I noticed having issues. If i disable strict mode would it need to be re enabled if i go back to CoD? Atm I have to disable filtering to work.

25 minutes ago, Dyson350 said:

Destiny is the only game I noticed having issues. If i disable strict mode would it need to be re enabled if i go back to CoD? Atm I have to disable filtering to work.

Yes, I'm afraid you would need to. Disabling strict mode was introduced partially due to filtering issues in Destiny, I thought since they changed to using Steam's Datagram Relay (SDR) servers, the feature was no longer required, but perhaps it is. Let me know if disabling that helps!

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yes, I'm afraid you would need to. Disabling strict mode was introduced partially due to filtering issues in Destiny, I thought since they changed to using Steam's Datagram Relay (SDR) servers, the feature was no longer required, but perhaps it is. Let me know if disabling that helps!

Disabling Strict Mode does not help. Turning off Filter Mode is the only thing that works.

10 hours ago, Dyson350 said:

Disabling Strict Mode does not help. Turning off Filter Mode is the only thing that works.

Can you disable filtering mode, then zoom all the way out on the map and take a screenshot as you're actively playing a game. Then send that over to us?

13 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Can you disable filtering mode, then zoom all the way out on the map and take a screenshot as you're actively playing a game. Then send that over to us?

Depending on where I was at in the activity, the map icons would move/change. Which may explain why I would always get to a certain spot in a given activity and then consistently error out of it.

Screenshot_20221208_065126.png

Screenshot_20221208_065153.png

Screenshot_20221208_065845.png

I suspect that may be the case, you could try manually allowing these, which will work eventually if they're just servers misclassified as peers. However if they're actual players and they throw this error when you block connecting to another player, there's not much you can do about that.