Xr1000 firewall?

Where is the xr1000 firewall? In the xr500 I can change from open to secure can I do this on xr1000 ? 

the reason behind this is because I spent a 2 hour conversation with a friend of mine that has a xr1000 

firmware 1.0.0.64

hes thinking about armor subscription if there are no normal firewall rules settings like the xr500 nat controller from open or secure 

windows 10 with a third party security suite 

he is super paranoid because he received a email and a phone call from someone claiming to be from Netgear telling him they know what kind of router he has and that he needs to provide a payment method over the phone in order to protect the xr1000

this is very suspicious because he never signed up for anything or provided personal information to anyone. Please help securing his xr1000.

I believe the setting you're looking for can be found in Settings -> Setup -> WAN Setup -> NAT filtering. You can make sure that's set to secure. In terms of firewall settings, there's not too much you can change from the interface. He could sign up for Armor for peace of mind if he'd like to, certainly don't have any further communication with the caller he spoke to though.