PS5 voice party chat issues

Ninja_Theory

Hi I had to reset my router last night and reconfigure my geofencing. Everything seemed to be working fine until I created a party chat on the PS5. Kept getting network error messages on the PS5, but I could chat to my gaming friends fine in the game chat (MW2) although Overwatch game chat didn’t work.

I noticed this seems to be an ongoing issue with DumaOS. Can someone help me with this please? I need PS5 party chat to work. I realise that this has something to do with my gaming friends being in regions I have not geofenced, because we don't want to play in servers in these areas (South Korea and South Africa). We want to play on EU servers, so SK and SA regions are intentionally not geofenced.

I read up about whitelisting or putting strict mode off but I don’t understand what to whitelist, what is the recommended option? I read that strict mode should be on to honour my geofencing rules, so I don't want to turn it off unless this is advised to fix the issue.

Hi this issue has come up again. I'm not able to talk with a friend in PS5 party chat. He lives in South Korea. I'm in South Africa. Below is my geofencing. Any idea how I can fix this?

We can chat via game comms in COD MW2. Haven't tested Overwatch 2 yet. But not being able to use PS5 party chat is quite an issue. Hoping it's just a config thing on my side?

image.thumb.png.d35c6d7853f1172014e685f108122ddc.png

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When it happens look at the map, there will be something blocked that you will need to allow to get it working

Can you explain how I do this step by step please? I'm having difficulty understanding what to do exactly.

I have 2 gaming buddies that this is happening with. One is located in the UK. I don't understand why there is an issue here, as I have UK geo-fenced? The other is in South Korea. With both these friends, voice comms works fine when we switch to game voice (COD MW2). The issue is only with PSN PS5 party chat.

I don't understand exactly what I must do to fix this so I can chat to them in a PSN voice party as usual. The only way I could fix it was to remove the filters, but that defeats the purpose.

Edit: I did look at the geomap when this was happening. Some info flashed on and off the ping section at the bottom, but it was too quick for me to see it or do anything with it. Also, I did not know if the info flashing was for a server or for my buddies. It's a bit confusing to me, but I am probably missing something I need to do because I'm new to DumaOS. Last night I had auto ping on. I turned it off now, but I don't know if it must be on or off.

Edit 2: While troubleshooting further, I removed the bottom right ping window. I don't know how to put it back?

So what you've got now is Auto-Ping host disabled, which is good for now.

So, leave Geo-filter enabled and don't boot any games or anything. Join a chat with your friends and watch the Geo-filter map, if you see a blocked icon appear, click it. After clicking it, the panel will appear beneath the map. Click allow in this panel.

18 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

So what you've got now is Auto-Ping host disabled, which is good for now.

So, leave Geo-filter enabled and don't boot any games or anything. Join a chat with your friends and watch the Geo-filter map, if you see a blocked icon appear, click it. After clicking it, the panel will appear beneath the map. Click allow in this panel.

Thanks. This makes sense. If you see the screenshot below, I removed the bottom right window in error. How do I put it back, or will it appear automatically when I go into a voice chat?

image.thumb.png.909560f50310d1dcd3a5b04fd688218e.png